Sacrifice: Chapter 16

*Jimin's POV*

I rolled around in bed. Grabbing the pillow on her side and hugged it tight. Sniffing deeply into her scent.
(Y/n) was already awake and was probably downstairs.

God, these kids are pretty noisy in the morning.

I heard a few noises, a couple of laughter and rapid footsteps downstairs.

I smiled, let out a faint laugh as i rubbed one of my eyes. Rubbing away the sleepiness.
As i slowly got myself up, the noises stopped with a slight thump.

I pulled out the sheets. Sat up and stretched in front of the window.
Made the bed, thinking how thankful i was to have a girl like (y/n) and a new best friend like Tae.

These people are gold. Letting me come into their lives with open welcoming arms. Even after i....no, (y/n) strictly told me to forget the ordeal and move pass this.

I sigh. As if breathing out the memory of it. I shook my head while walking towards the door.

Noticing that it was already opened.

As almost reached it, i rubbed my head to ease the slight headache and when i let my arm down to my side, the sleeve to my baggy shirt caught onto the knob when i was passing the door.
Accidentally causing the door to slam shut itself.

Heard another few rapid footsteps downstairs afterwards, before i reached the staircase.

"Hey...you're finally awake...!" (Y/n) greeted me, looking up from below.

My brows frowned, slightly.

"What's that on your face?" I asked, smiling. Slowly going down the steps, getting closer to her and seeing white creamy substances on her.

"What happen down here when i was sleeping?" Eying on her shirt that had the same goo.

*Tae's POV*

I felt her hands on my chest. Pushing me away, slightly.

I tried to get myself even closer to her, she didn't seem to resist.

I grazed my lips against hers, then pull away to see her reaction.

I felt her breathing faster below me.
Did she like it?
Does she want me to go further?

But...what am i even doing?

At that moment, my heart spoke louder than my head. I pushed my thoughts away and my emotions took over; i moved forward to plant a kiss on her lips – but stop dead on my tracks as we both heard the vivid sound of a door slammed shut, coming from upstairs.

My heart skipped a beat as i immediately got up from her. Jogging towards the kitchen.
As if i belonged there.
I heard them greeting and talking to each other. But i didn't pick up clearly on what they said.

My hands shook when i picked up the broom that was placed near the refrigerator.
I stall myself, cleaning up the mess we've made.

Then I felt some kind of movement behind me,
"Bruh..."

I jumped a little, turned around and see Jimin's shining face. His eyes still half closed.
"Where's my breakfast??" He joked, snickering. Then continued,
"Sorry i woke up late, had a massive headache last night." going over to the fridge.

Sweat began dripping down my forehead.
"Yeah, i only managed to make a few. You can take those first, if you want." I offered, keeping my head down, focusing on the pancakes with whats left of the mix.

"Nah, it's fine. I'll make the juice." Taking the cordial out and proceeded to make the beverage.

To avoid having an awkward breakfast, i took mine and ate inside my room.
"Gotta catch the latest season of Tokyo Ghoul. They're airing it online right now. Byes!" I lied, running upstairs like an idiot with my plate and a big glass of juice.

*Your POV*

"He really loves his anime." Jimin said, smiling as he cut his food with the fork.

Oh, Jimin. So innocent, yet so....oblivious.

"I got a 3pm shift today." I said, out of the blue.
Before he could even taste the first bite, he looked at me, eyes widened.

Still having the fork in front of his mouth, Jimin asked
"You got work today??? On a Sunday??"
"Yes, babe. I got work, on a Sunday. Perks of working in the service line." I winked, feeding him my own food instead.

He took a bite and then asked, despite having a mouth full of pancake.
"Then, when ith your day offf??"
"Wednesday. But it changes, so..."

"That sucks." With a slight pout, Jimin looked down on his food.

"Babe, we live together. Tell me again why does this bother you?"
I giggle, messing up his hair a little.

~~

It was 2 o'clock.

By that time i was getting ready for work but something kept aching at the back of my head.

Knock knock knock~~!

I knocked on Tae's door, hard. The music that was once blasting on maximum volume has abruptly been stopped.
Footsteps came closer to the door as i waited.

"What?" He asked as soon as the door opened.
I pushed him inside. Locking the door behind me.

"What was that?" I asked, sternly.
He walked around in his messy room, seemingly going back to his laptop and pressing something on the keyboard.

"That? 'That' what?" He asked, pretentiously. Avoiding eye contact, gluing his eyes on the screen of his laptop as the anime he was watching continued to played on.

"Tae, don't act like you forgotten about it."
He stayed silent. Rudely delaying his respond.

I sigh, slumping myself onto the edge of the bed. Observing the messiness around me.
Odd. The last time i was here, the place was a little more tidier than this.

"How long have you been like this?" I start.
"What?"

"You were always so tidy. But now, looking at your room..." i trailed off as my eyes got even more sore the longer i look at clothes on the floor. Having no clue whether they're clean or not.

"I've been a little stressed lately. So i couldn't be bothered with cleaning." He simply said, still not facing me.

I got up, started cleaning the place. Picking up a few shirts and socks from the floor. Thank the Lord there were no, *cough*, underwear scattered around.
At least he was decent enough to put those away.

"Wait, what are you – no, don't touch that!" I heard him moving behind me.
"If you ain't cleanin', I'm doin' it for you."

"No, it's fine – just put that back down...!" Stubborn like a kid that refuses his belongings being touched, Tae tried to snatch away his stuff from me.
I pulled away and shield his dirty clothes in an embrace while still trying to pick up more from the floor.

"(Y/n), please...– oh!!"

While he was trying to take away his clothes from me, i lost my balance and trip backwards. Falling onto the bed, with Tae crashing right on top of me.....

.....in an awkward but tempting position.