four; operation save isaac

EDITED: 7/7/16

"Does Isaac know his dad's dead yet?" Stiles asked me after I told him and Scott the whole story.

"No not yet, but your dad is taking him in for questioning."

Scott then decided to speak up, "Well maybe he did do something to his dad. Something as revenge–"

"Scott!" I snapped my head at him. "Isaac is not like that."

"You just started talking to him like a day ago," Scott pointed out.

Okay, yes, that was true. But I feel the need to protect Isaac, he's just an innocent teen. I don't know, but whatever I'm feeling right now must mean something.

"Get your asses on the field!" Coach Finstock blew his whistle.

"We'll look into this more later," Scott said before him and Stiles ran to the field.

I saw Isaac from a distance and he gave me a small wave; I waved back. He looked nervous, he still doesn't know that his dad is dead. Isaac literally has no family left with him, I need to be there for him after he finds out.

The lacrosse practice went on, with Scott making every shot, mostly because he has his werewolf abilities with him. Stiles on the other hand – well lets just say he's making improvements. Isaac was doing very well though, I tried to catch a scent to see if he was a werewolf, but he wasn't. I guess he is just that good at lacrosse. I looked to my right and saw Sheriff Stilinski and two other officers walking onto the field. Everyone else seemed to notice and they all stopped shooting.

"We're looking for Isaac Lahey," I heard Stiles' dad tell Finstock.

"Isaac!" He shouted and Isaac came running over.

"We're going to need to take you down to the station for some questioning."

"Why?" Isaac asked. I could hear his heart beating rapidly.

"Isaac, um your father's dead. He died last night," Sheriff Stilinski broke the news to him.

I saw Isaac's shoulders slump, I mean he seemed sad but at the same time I wouldn't be surprised if he was relieved in some way. Isaac and the officers walked off to their cars and drove off.

___________

"We're breaking Isaac out? Why?" Stiles asked me.

"Because he did nothing wrong. I know he didn't. Now, you're the only person who can get me in and out of there. I also called Derek for help."

Stiles let out a loud groan, "Why him?! He still scares the–"

"Just suck it up!" I complained.

"Fine," My best friend mumbled slumping in the driver's seat of his jeep.

Once we picked Derek up, we started heading over to the Sheriff's station. It was going to be hard to get in and out without getting noticed; but it was worth a risk.

"Okay, now the keys to every cell are in a password protected lockbox in my father's office. The problem is getting past the front desk," Stiles explained once we parked in front of the station.

Derek nodded, "I'll distract her."

"Whoa, whoa, whoa – you? You're not going in there," Stiles gripped Derek's jacket but released it quickly. "I'm taking my hand off."

"I was exonerated."

"You're still a person of interest," I point out from the back seat.

Derek looks back at me, "An innocent person."

"An – you? Yeah, right!" Derek gave Stiles another glare. "Okay, fine. What's your plan?"

"To distract her," Derek answered simply.

"Uh – huh. How? Derek never have I seen you flirt or talk with a girl," I say. The only girl he talks to is me.

"Kayla's right. What are you going to do? Punch her in the face?" Stiles adds on.

"By talking to her."

"Okay, all right. Give me a sample. What are you gonna open with?" Derek didn't respond. "Dead silence. That should work beautifully. Any other ideas?"

"I'm thinking about punching you in the face," Stiles shut up and we all got out of the jeep.

Operation save Isaac was now in progress.

___________

I wanted to write the whole episode but it's late and I'm really tired.

Vote and comment.

-brooke