fifteen; shattered

EDITED: 7/10/16

"Kayla we can handle your brother from here," Stiles sighs as I stand by his window.

"You guys need my help though," I cross my arms and look at Stiles. "He's my brother. I need to help."

"Kayla, you need rest. I'm your friend and right now I could tell you'd rather be anywhere else but here."

I throw my hands in the air, "Fine! But tomorrow you call me if you need help okay?"

Stiles nods and I wave goodbye. I head back to my car and drive back to my house. Scott's house passes and I slow down. I put the car in reverse and back up until I'm right in front of his house. Isaac's in there right now, probably still hating me. I need to have a proper talk with him; hopefully he'll listen.

"Screw it," I mumble before shutting off my car and making my way up to the front door.

The door opens after I knock a couple of times and Melissa is there, "Hey Kayla! Scott isn't here right now."

"I know," I tell her. "I'm here to see Isaac."

Her smile fades as she looks upstairs. She probably knows that Isaac hates me right now.

"I don't think Isaac–"

"Just please let me see him," I beg.

Melissa sighs and nods her head, "Whatever happened between you two, it's made him act like a whole new person. But I know deep down he still has those strong feelings for you."

I smile at Melissa, "Thank you so much."

I walk past her and up the stairs into Isaac's room. I see him on the computer looking up research for some project. I clear my throat and he turns around.

"Get out," Isaac immediately says once he sees me.

"Can we talk?" I ask ignoring his earlier statement.

Isaac laughs, and it's not a good laugh. It's more like a 'are you kidding me' laugh.

"You're a freaking werewolf. The guy I live with is also a werewolf, your brother is a kanima, Allison's family are all hunter's, and Lydia is just plain crazy. Sorry if I don't want to live in your little supernatural world," He says.

I close the door to his room and take a seat on Isaac's bed. He looks at me and rolls his eyes, making it clear he doesn't want me to be here right now. I don't budge though, I need to fix things between us.

"Remember the night I walked you up to your door?" I ask looking up at him. "You almost kissed me, but then Scott interrupted us. Are you sure everything you felt before we kissed, you don't feel it now?"

Isaac's heartbeat picked up as he answered, "I feel nothing for you."

"You're lying, I can hear your heartbeat."

Isaac gets up from his chair, "I'm not wasting my time with some damn werewolf!"

I also get up from the bed, "How can you hate who I am so much? I'm still Kayla Whittemore! I didn't ask to be a werewolf, Derek turned me without my consent. You need to accept who I am, because I really like you Isaac and I don't think I can spend another day where you hate me!"

Isaac stared at me for many seconds, he was breathing heavily. He looked down at the ground then back up at me.

"Screw you," He said before pushing me out of his room.

The door slammed shut and I was left alone in the hallway. Melissa came moments later and hugged me. I didn't know I was crying until she started to talk to me.

"I'll talk to him, don't worry. Isaac's a bitch for not wanting to be with you," I laughed and pulled away from the hug.

"Thank you Melissa, for everything."

"Get home and get some rest," She patted my back and I headed down the stairs and outside into my car.

Even though she sort of calmed me down, I was broken and shattered in the inside. I slammed my hands on the wheel and sobbed. I've never cried this much before, not even for a guy. I have to put Isaac in the back of my mind though, I need to save my brother first.

My phone buzzes in the center console: From Stiles: We're skipping school tomorrow, wear warm clothes and come into the woods around noon.

______________

Mama McCall at it again with helping people :') But fucking Isaac it being a hoe and won't see past the werewolf side of Kayla.

Vote and comment.

-brooke