Never Letting Go

Sora laid his head on the desk and closed his eyes, he missed Riku. He misses Riku. His raging queer side is staying for just one more day, ooooooone more day, then that's that, they're back to friendship. "Sora, all of your teachers have complained about you being mopey haven't they? Why don't you call the office to bring you home?" Sora basically pulled himself out his desk and dragged his bag out the classroom and he phoned his mom.

Sora laid in his bed, staring at the ceiling, alone. Damn did he have a lot to think about. Who's Vanitas? There's also, you know, am I gay? but we gotta save that for later, right now Sora's worried. I mean who is this Vanitas guy anyway? He honestly pissed Sora off, taking his damn affections. Woah woah, he was probably Riku's brother or something, then that would be kinda...weird that he wanted to kiss Sora and things. So he was obviously a lover....ugh this is making Sora's brain hurt, better stop for now. Sora's phone buzzed and he immediately grabbed it, a text from Riku, then another from Ventus. Riku's was...well demanding. 'You left school early? I'm coming over' Sora knew he shouldn't have given Riku his address. and Ventus? 'You left school early? Are you okay? do you need me to come over and help? are you having Riku problems?' Sora smiled at his friend's concern, but of course, Riku was still bouncing around in his mind. Sora texted Ventus back first. 'I'll be fine, really worrywart. :)' Now Riku? 'K' every kiss begins with k, right? that's just what the doctor ordered. "MOM RIKU'S COMING OVER!" no response, whoops, Sora forget she's out shopping. Oh well. After around 15 minutes of Sora throwing outfits all over his room, he decided on...pajamas. It's perfect! Cuddly and cute! Okay it's Sora's last gay day, then he'll go back to straight. Riku knocked on the door and Sora's bolted down, Lilith spasming out by the door. Sora slid Lilith back with his foot and opened the door, Riku!! Riku immediately bent down and hugged Sora tightly. "You're okay, aren't you?" Riku asked quietly. Riku looked like he was in pain. Sora hardly got a glimpse of Riku, he just saw his tussled strands of silver hair in his own face while he wrapped his arms around Riku. "Yeah, I'm fine." Sora said in a happy-go-lucky tone. "I was so worried..." Riku muttered. Why? Sora was just in a funk because he missed Riku, this is all he needed. "Why?" Sora asked quizzically. "Sora...don't go..." Riku whispered and basically engulfed Sora in his bear hug. "Where would I be going?" Sora asked, rubbing Riku's back comfortingly. Riku stayed silent, but he just held Sora tighter. Lilith scratched at Riku's leg to pet her. Sora mouthed to Lilith 'Not now Lily' but you know, it's a dog. Riku cupped Sora's cheeks in his hands, Sora got a clear picture of Riku's face. His eyes were sparkling as the fresh tears were the reason they sparkled, threatening to spill. His hair was a spiky mess and his face reeked with grief and worry, but relief too. Riku leaned down and kissed Sora softly, like his lips were pouring out all the words he couldn't say, but Sora just couldn't understand them yet. Riku pulled away. "I can't lose you too Sora.." Riku whispered and clung to Sora tighter. Sora could hear Riku's shallow breaths. "Riku, I'm alright..." Sora whispered. Riku was acting like he saw Sora get stabbed and he just woke up from his coma, was it like that for him? What happened to you Riku? Riku, you're not like the rest are you? "Riku, can I tell you a story?" Sora asked, running his hands through Riku's silver hair. Riku nodded in fear of twenty million voice cracks if he spoke. "Well, there was a boy. His name...is invalid. This boy was always happy, always. Then he got to school. School was so much fun, till people grew up. The boy got to sixth grade and he started looking appealing to the eye. People drew themselves to the boy and talked him. Girls even started asking him out, girl asking a guy! But the love didn't last long. He liked this little girl and they dated for a while. From seventh to eighth grade. Then the boy got sad over something for a day and she gave up on him immediately. It soon came to light that she only liked him for how he looked. He soon realized everyone in the school was like that. The boy distanced himself from them and tried to move on in high school, but it just got worse. He just learned to forget and go along. Then he fell in love, or so he thought. With a beautiful redhead. They dated for so long, and she never left him for anything. Then he decided to go take a walk with her on the beach and he told her he loved her for the first time, and she said she never loved me like that, and left him to die. The boy was already planning his...death...but he wanted his favorite ice cream before he left, but then he met the beautiful silverette." Riku stared into Sora's eyes. "Riku, can you keep this boy safe?" Sora was just as damaged as him.