Chapter Fifteen.

Chapter Fifteen.

"Is there any special medication Grace should be on?" Amanda asked the doctor, after we were done with the sonography.

"Not really. The ones which I have prescribed should be enough." Doc said. She turned towards me and said, "If you have any problem, don't hesitate to call up. Here's my card. Timings are not an issue." She handed over her business card which I safely placed it in my purse and nodded at her. "Well, you are good to go, dear. I'll see you for the second session exactly after a month." She grinned.

"Thanks, doc." I smiled, as I got up from my seat and shook hands with her.

"No problem, dear. Take care of both of you." She said.

"Yes, I certainly will." I smiled. Amanda was suggesting me some healthy recipes which would satisfy my taste buds and will also be good source of vital nutrients whilst we walked back to the parking. Blake quietly followed our trail, not uttering a single word.

"Blake, may I ask what were you doing here, specifically in the maternity unit?" Amanda asked curiously. My eyes turned towards Blake since I was as curious as Amanda about Blake being here.

"Stephanie is eight months through, and Andrew (Damon's father) is out of the country at the moment, so she wanted Damon and I to accompany her." Blake explained.

"Wow, new sibling on the way." Amanda mumbled.

"And a new Johnson too, huh?" Blake said, turning towards me with an accusing gaze. I squirmed under his gaze, his questioning gaze which demanded only answers. Answers which I couldn't give him.

"I wanted it to be a surprise." I mumbled under my breath.

"Surprise? Really, Johnson?" Blake asked. I opened my mouth to retort but couldn't find words, to how to explain the cause of hiding my pregnancy.

"Kids, I gotta run an errand for my friend. Blake, you are gonna be her ride home." Amanda said. I bit my inner lip and groaned internally, as he will be giving me the cold shoulder all the way back home.

"Cool."

As Amanda's car pulled out of the parking, Blake signaled me to get in his car. Without a word of argument, I complied with what he said, because come on, I was not a bit interested in getting entangled in a heated argument with the father of my baby and stress myself out.

The deafening silence in the car was extremely uncomfortable, as Blake drove through. I looked out of the window and observed the cloudy sky. There was not a ray of sunshine outside, trees were swaying in the direction of the wind and the birds seemed to have disappeared into oblivion.

"Grace?" I heard Blake call out my name. I was kind of taken back because Blake never, I mean never calls me by my name. He stole glances at me, before diverting his attention towards the road. Not to sound cliché, but the way he says my name, sends down shivers down my spine. I turned towards him slowly and gulped inaudibly, mentally preparing myself for the questions he will be throwing at me.

"What is it?" I asked in a low voice. I kept my head down, as I fiddled with the house keys. For a moment, he didn't say anything. He slowly stopped on the car on the side of the road, before turning towards me.

"Why?" He asked, getting straight to the point.

"What do you mean 'why'?" I asked, faking dubiousness. Blake rolled his eyes at me and scowled.

"Why hide the fact that you're pregnant? It's not like we were gonna kick you out or something." He said accusingly. Though he was wrong and I desperately wanted to correct his facts, I couldn't. I kept my mouth shut, and looked anywhere but at him. "Johnson, why didn't you want to tell me?" Blake pressed.