Chapter Thirty Nine: Part Two

Chapter Thirty-Nine: Part Two

BLAKE EVANS

"We're done. I hope you have a happy whoring life ahead." I said, my voice devoid of any emotions. I was expecting her to plead further to me to forgive her but much to my surprise and disappointment, she walked away in the opposite direction. As I witnessed her retreating figure, my heart became heavier and heavier but the thinking side of me washed away the sadness and the rage was back.

I cannot believe that the girl I was insanely looking for is Grace, of all people. And the worst part, I come to know about my daughter when the whole shit came to an end. I feel so stupid as I look back to all the times we spent together, looking for her.

Damn, she played me well.

Was this all a part of her revenge for the three years of torment I put her under. I know what I've done is something unforgivable but I did everything I could to make it up to her. Wasn't that fucking enough?

I pulled the strands of my hair in frustration and shut my eyes, trying not to picture her. But every time I closed my eyes, her smile would pop up in front of me, her laughter echoed in my ears, the tingles on my skin rose, just by imagining her touching me.

"I hate you!" I yelled to no one in particular, throwing a second punch towards the hard wall. Pain shot across my fist, but the heartache overlapped the physical hurt.

"Blake, where is she?" I heard Emily ask. I turned towards her only to find her looked beyond panicked and afraid, as she looked at me for an answer. My gaze shifted to Damon's jogging figure, as he approached us.

"Where is she?" He asked, looking all worried.

"To hell, for all I care." I stated blankly, like I didn't give a flying fuck.

"You know that's not the truth, man." Damon said, looking at me straight in the eye.

"So you know better about what is the truth, eh? Fucking awesome." I gritted, plastering my fake-est and meanest grin on my face. Great, my best friend is in her favor. She really knows how to make everyone fall in love with her.

"Blake." Emily said helplessly. "You have to hear her out, she wanted to tell you since forever but.."

"She was scared? I've had enough of that crap tonight, Emily. I don't need anymore of it." I snarled at the blonde who looked dejected upon hearing me. "I'm so done with all this shit. Maybe Rosalyn would've been a better option. Fuck and chuck. That's pretty simple, uncomplicated, and not painful." I whispered the last part.

Damon put his hand on my shoulder and gave it a slight tap, "Dude, I know you're hurt, I'm too. But try putting yourself in her shoes." He said calmly, trying not to hit a nerve. "I know what she did is completely wrong but she had her reasons, man."

"All of this is just too much." I groaned. "Do I not have any right to know about my baby? My Alyssa?" I asked him incredulously.

"Look, Blake, I know you feel left out about something so important." Emily said.

"Left out? It's not a stupid girl gossip about someone breaking their goddamned manicured nail. It's about my child. And I consider that information pretty important." I growled at her. She flinched due to my tone but that didn't stop her from continuing her unbelievable convincing.