Chapter Thirty

Chapter Thirty

"Cereal?" I asked grams, who was seated at the dinning table. The girls were seated besides grams, on her either sides while Liz and Amanda prepared French toasts for everyone.

Grams looked around, to see if Liz was around and then turned towards me, her eyes sparkling with hope and excitement. "Do you think you could serve me a glass or two, of vodka?" Grams whispered in my ear discreetly.

"Cereal it is." I said with a smile, as I poured some milk in her bowl, whilst grams just sulked in her seat, grumbling about how life is a bitch; as she flopped the pink hair of her wig behind.

Liz walked in with a tray of toasts on the dinner as she narrowed her eyes at grams, "You cannot manipulate everyone to comply by your wishes, mom. Don't take the kids' time, they have school." She reprimanded grams who simply rolled her eyes at Liz and returned to her ranting. Liz diverted her gaze towards me and shot me a small smile, "Hun, is Blake up?" She asked.

I shrugged my shoulders, "No clue. Do you want me to check on him?" I asked. She nodded her head in affirmation and took it as my cue to head upstairs. As the days passed by, my stamina had stupendously fallen down. Just walking on plain surface would make me go panting as if I just ascended the Everest. I stopped in my tracks, as I arrived on the first floor and tried regaining my breath, standing by the support of my hand pressed against the adjoining wall. "Stupid pregnancy." I mumbled under my breath.

I trotted towards Blake's bedroom and knocked on the door a couple of times. "Come in!" I heard his voice call out. I twisted the knob of the door and peaked inside, only for my eyes to pop out of their sockets due to the amazing site in front of me.

Blake shot me a smile and signaled me to come in, but I stood still in my tracks, my fixated on his bare upper body, ogling at those defined six packs which I was dying to run my hands over.

Get a grip, Grace.

"Grace?" My gaze averted upwards towards his face, his lips twitched up in a proud smirk.

I composed myself, realizing I was caught red-handed for lecherously gaping at my boyfriend who just had a towel wrapped around. "Um, you're, er awake. Obviously." I said with a nervous laugh before I continued, with my gaze fixated on the floor, "You should come downstairs for breakfast soon, we could um, get late." I mumbled, trying not to look at the delicious specimen who was victoriously smirking down at me.

I'm doomed, for real.

"You seem distracted." Blake said, that infamous and stupid smirk hey lingering on his face.

"No, no. Not at all." I said with a smile, attempting to cover up, which of course I pathetically failed at. "I'll be downstairs." I said, turning around in order to exit his room before I could make more fool of myself than I already had. I could definitely write a New York Best Seller's book on '1000 Ways To Embarrass Yourself'. I'd patently make some good amount, no kidding.

But before I could move out, I was pulled back by my wrist, my back trembling into a hard chest as two muscular arms draped around my waist. I relaxed by the smell of his usual and very much addicting cologne but later realized he's half naked, and bam, I was back to square one, panicking like a frightened deer being chased by the Bengal Tiger.

"Grace?" He whispered in my ear, sending those Antarctic chills down my spin. My mouth was dry and the vision in front of my eyes was getting blurry. I tried to utter a word, but it was like the voice box in my throat was dead. Blake turned me, by my shoulder but suddenly, his gleeful expression turned into a fretful one. He shook me by my shoulders as perturbation floated in voice, "Grace, hey. Are you okay?" He asked.