Chapter Twenty-Six.

Chapter Twenty-Six.

Lunch passed by peacefully, Maya interrogating both the boys who kind of seemed intimated by the look on Maya's face. Both of them were sufficiently warned by her and were made aware of the consequences they'd face at Maya's hands if they even by mistake break a small piece of our hearts. "See you after school." Blake said, kissing my cheek. I nodded my head as I waved at the boys who walked in the opposite directions towards their class.

Today, the news of Blake and I being together spread in school as if the news was about Kylie Jenner cheating on Tyga with Chris Brown and not about two common high school students. The male population of the students didn't really bother to react, but as for the female population was concerned, the rage and malice in their eyes made the school atmosphere a bit too suffocating for me. A couple of girls even had the audacity go past me by hitting me on the shoulder. Before lunch, when I decided to grab a couple of books from the locker, I was shocked by seeing how it was filled with peels of banana and hate notes. Maya and Emily helped me clean it in time. Even after their insistence of telling Blake about today, I decided not to burden him with my share of worries. It was only the first day of our relationship and I didn't want to begin this by giving him reasons for us not to be together.

And to make the matters worse, rumors about my pregnancy have reached every student's ears in this school, maybe because of my obvious baby bump that the sweat shirt too was unable to hide now. The curious looks of the students bothered me for sometime but seeing how my friends stood by me, even when many of the kids here called me names, mocked me to be only a desperate hoe, and how I should just die in some hellhole.

"Were you even listening?" Maya asked. I look at her blankly, since I didn't hear a word she said, as we made our way towards the library. Since Maya and I had a free lecture, we decided to head to the library to complete the Essay on the American War of Independence that we recently studied in History class and which was due on Wednesday. Borrowing a couple of books from the library after greeting the librarian, we settled onto the table that was located in one secluded corner of the room. Setting the books onto the table, we settled down next to each other and began making rough notes. A sound of heels could be heard in the library.

"Hush there. It's library." The librarian reprimanded none other than Rosalyn Smith whose eyes scanned through the library until they landed on me and a scowl grew on her face.

"Oh, I thought it's the local dance club, Captain Obvious." Rosalyn retorted to the librarian. She turned away from her before she could scold her for being a rude bitch that she is, and sauntered towards our table, her heels making that annoying sound.

"Do you mind if I sit here?" She asked. Maya narrowed her eyes but before she could snap at her, I intervened.

"Sure." I said. She cast her fakest grin possible as she pulled out one chair which was a little away from us and settled onto it. She analyzed her manicured nails in different angles while Maya and I shared a look of 'why the fuck is she even here' look. After a couple of minutes passed by, she cleared her throat. We looked at her questioningly. "Can I help you?" I asked.

"Actually you can." She said. Signaling her to continue, she crossed her hands across her chest. "You have to stay away from Blake." She deadpanned.

I let out a humorless laugh while Maya's fists balled up in vexation. "Are you done? We have a lot of work to do, so if you anything else other than telling me to stay away from my boyfriend, you can leave." I said, not letting any emotion lace my voice. This is a library and I wanted to let it be a place where students come to read or study, not witness a cat-fight over a boy.