Chapter Eighteen.

Chapter Eighteen.

"Here you go." I passed Amanda's espresso coffee as she was studying a student's file. She smiled at me and grabbed the mug of coffee, averting her gaze towards the file. I was waiting for Blake, who was standing at the counter for collecting our chocolate cookies and sandwiches. Amanda had been oddly quiet ever since she ran into her ex who happens to be my English teacher, the other day. She never told me what exactly happened between the two and neither did I inquire since it's not my business at all. I just didn't like seeing her in this state.

Blake walked towards us, with a smile on his face as he placed the plate of cookies on the table and settled in the seat, next to me. Since Damon and Blake skipped the Calculus paper, Blake was asking me about how much they missed and if Mr Jenkings took attendance or if he noticed the duo being missing since this was not their first time. While I was explaining him the new topic, a similar voice interrupted us.

"Amanda?" We heard Mr Hudson, who was standing right in front of us, holding a cup of coffee in his hand and shot a warm grin towards us. He nodded at me in acknowledgement but his eyes widened when he noticed Blake, whose fists were balled up and who was openly glaring at him. The tension was floating in the air as I awkwardly looked between a ticked off Blake, a carefree Mr Hudson and Amanda whose gaze was fixated yet on her file.

"Mr Hudson." She acknowledged him, giving him a mere glance. "Good to see you." She said, which seemed like she never meant a word she said. Mr Hudson awkwardly shifted in his stance.

"Do you mind if I join you guys?" Mr Hudson asked with a hopeful grin. I was about to open my mouth to say yes, but a fuming Blake interfered.

"Yes, we mind your presence at our table." Blake nonchalantly said. I pinched his arm while Amanda didn't bother to stop her brother.

"Amanda, do you mind?" Mr Hudson asked, again, completely ignoring Blake. Blake banged his fists against the wooden table and got up from his place. He walked up to Mr Hudson and since they stood at the same height, Blake looked straight into his eyes with nothing but fury.

"Does your fucking brain work to comprehend what I said, or are all the brain cells dead?" Blake gritted, ignoring my pleas to calm down.

"Blake, it's good to see you, man." Mr Hudson greeted him with a small smile, trying to act oblivious to the rage that Blake was filled in with. Amanda got up from her place and pulled Blake behind by his shoulder.

"Sit." Amanda ordered.

"But Amanda.."

"I said sit, Blake. I need to have a word with Mr Hudson. Sit and stay out of it." Amanda said, with a hint of irritation.

"I should stay out of it? Did you forget those days when I used to accompany you to the gynecologist, when this pussy left you behind, after knocking you up?" Blake sneered at his sister. The colour from Amanda's face drained away whilst Mr Hudson's eyes widened in shock.

"What is he talking about, Amanda?" Mr Hudson asked with utter shock and confusion. Amanda glared at Blake who rolled his eyes at sister and distastefully looked over at Mr Hudson.

I feel so out of place, right now.

"Follow me." Amanda said to Mr Hudson before walking out through the exit. Blake was about to follow the duo when I held him back by his wrist.

"Grace, let me go." Blake demanded, a little too rudely for my liking. I flinched at his tone but didn't loosen my grip on him. "I cannot leave my sister with that dog, Johnson. Let me fucking go." Blake gritted, as he tried to free his wrist from my grip. I, however didn't give up. I understand Blake's reasons to be protective over Amanda, after everything that has happened. But that doesn't give him the right to interfere between the two.