Chapter Twenty.

Chapter Twenty.

"Excuse me?" I asked dubiously, as I crossed my arms across my chest and glared at Blake, whose menacing glare hadn't subsided. Blake, however didn't bother to reply to me, as he took steps towards where I was currently standing. The pace of my heartbeats rose with his every step in my direction. Involuntarily, I took backward steps but in a matter of seconds, my back was by the side of the wall and Blake's muscular arms were on my sides, trapping me between him and the stupid wall. All this brought a sense of déjà vu to me, as I remembered the night when he had cornered me in the kitchen, at his place and when we started over as friends, forgetting about the bad old days.

Blake's warm breath fanned over my face which caused my breathing to stop. He moved his face so close to mine, that now our lips were just an inch away. "I think you heard me, Grace." He said in much a calmer tone than the previous one.

I blinked a couple of times as I tried squirming out from the little space that I was now confined to, "I don't know what you're talking about."

"Really? From the little scene that I witnessed, it seemed like you and Sean are very close." Blake spat, as I could sense the anger radiating from him.

Rolling my eyes at him, I pushed him behind and sauntered a little away from him. "Of course we are. He's like a brother I never had." I stated.

Blake's lips which were now formed into an exasperated frown twisted up into a full blown grin, "You mean, you don't like Sean?" He asked, showcasing his dents.

I face palmed myself, "God, no. Why would you even think that?" I asked, letting out a sigh. The boy can be frustrating, I tell you.

"Um, I saw him kissing your forehead and saying how he's gonna be there for you, so.." Blake said, scratching the back of his neck. I slapped him, lightly across his cheek to which, Blake narrowed his eyes at me, "What the hell, Johnson?"

"That's for eavesdropping, you stupid prick. And peeping too." I huffed. Blake's actions were more confusing than the jigsaw puzzles. He tortures me for almost three years, then one fine day, he suddenly realizes how inhumane his actions are and asks for my forgiveness and acts like my best buddy. Then out of the blue when he finds out that I'm pregnant, he claims his right over me and kisses me, getting my hopes high as the Burj Khalifa. At the end, it's just a simple mistake for him and goes back to being my friend. And when he finally sees me bonding with an old bud who sees me as his baby sister, he ticks off and changes into an angry psychopath, not literally but the vibes are pretty much the same.

I swear, he gets more mood swings than my pregnant self does.

"I couldn't help it, alright? The two of you were gone long enough for making me suspicious." Blake spoke in his defense, as he rubbed his cheek which I slapped.

"Well, congratulations, knucklehead. Your assumptions are shit, just like your brain." I said, with a sarcastic smile as I walked past him. Blake grabbed me by my wrist and pulled me behind to where he was standing, making me wince due to his tight grip.

Guilt washed over his face as he saw my pained expression and released my wrist instantly. "Sorry, I didn't realize it." He apologized. I looked at him questioningly. Before I could ask him why he was holding me back here, Blake interjected, "Are you mad at me, Johnson." He asked, as he looked at me with eyes floating with anxiety and a bit of apprehension.

"A bit." I answered vaguely. I avoided his gaze because the way he has been reacting to various situations, related to me, gives me a vibe that he maybe likes me. But who am I kidding? That possibility is infinitely impossible because no one would want to be with a knocked up girl like me.