Chapter Sixteen.

Just a note to avoid a little confusion, Blake's point of view in the last chapter is continued from the part where he promises Damon to set him up with Emily McQuaid. Comment here, in case you're still lost! Anyways, happy reading!

^Dean Hudson.

Chapter Sixteen.

Amanda helped me in cleaning the dirty dishes, after dinner was done. I wiped the dishes and placed them back in their respective cabinets whilst Amanda cleared up the dining table.

"Girl, I'm gonna crash. Did you have your meds?" Amanda asked, as she placed her hand on her waist and raised her brows at me. I nodded my head in confirmation and switched off the lights in the kitchen. We trotted out of the kitchen when Amanda stopped in her tracks, "Night, mommy." She winked at me and continued, "Don't stay up for too long. Not good for the baby." She smiled.

"Alright. Good night." I grinned. She nodded her head in acknowledgement and climbed upstairs. Since it was a Saturday night and I had no assignments or homework to complete, I decided to watch a movie or some show which was being telecasted. I cautiously settled on the sofa and grabbed the remote. Shuffling through the channels, I was patiently waiting for some good movie to pop up.

"Hey, you still up?" I heard Blake's voice. Hearing him, froze me. Literally. Ever since today's kiss in the car, Blake avoided me like plague. He didn't even bother to have dinner with us, which really did hurt me. Although I know he was a bit upset over our argument post the kiss, he could have just talked it out, rather than distancing himself.

"Yeah, I guess I was in a mood for a movie." I mumbled, as I shifted a little towards my left, so that Blake could sit. He settled beside me whilst I continued shuffling the channels. I could feel his gaze burning holes in the side of my head but he didn't utter a word. But he broke the silence shortly.

"So, how's your mom holding up?" He randomly asked. It's been almost a year since the accident and she hasn't yet woken up. Although she is stable, her body is not exactly responding to the meds, which is keeping her unconscious. I visit her everyday along with Cass. Sometimes the girls or Amanda tag along, but she's just silent. And still.

"She's just the same. No improvement." I mumbled, as I decided to stick to Criminal Minds. I heard Blake mutter a small 'okay' and we continued watching the show in silence.

"You never told me what happened." Blake spoke up. I looked at him with bewilderment before he spoke up again, "you know, with your parents. You never told me what exactly happened." Blake said.

"Guess I never got the opportunity to." I retorted, not averting my gaze from the television screen.

"Well, how about now?" Blake pressed. He looked at me with those eyes that were filled with curiosity. I lowered the volume of the television and turned towards him.

"My parents were in a car accident. They had gone out to celebrate for their wedding anniversary. I don't know what exactly went wrong but dad crashed the car into a tree by the side of the highway. Dad died on the spot but mom survived. And here we are." I stated, with a blank expression. Talking about the night kind of brought the feeling I had back then, when I saw the body of my dad and my terribly bruised up mother. It was the most difficult time for Cass and I. We were on our own, ever since that day, since none of our relatives were in a position to take us in.

"I'm so sorry." Blake said honestly.

"Yeah." I mumbled, not daring to look up as I felt my tears threatening to fall. I felt Blake put his arms around my shoulder and pull me into his side. I rested my head in the crook of his head and let out a sob. Blake stroked my back gently as I cried.