Raging

Mattie's POV

It was when Gilbert was texting that it happened. I was bored and completely out of inspiration to finish my half drawn cityscape. So, I did the reasonable thing and stared at him for a stupidly long amount of time.

It was cute how many expressions were going through his face. It made wonder what he could be texting about. I didn't ponder on it too long. I grew more distracted by every one of his features. I really got a good look at him for once.

The paleness of his skin made him kind of transparent. It was more prominent in his hands and wrists when they would slip out of his sleeves. I could see his veins clearly there. From there I moved to his eyes and how easy it was to see where they were looking since they were so red. I'd call them the color of a fine red wine. I bet dad's boyfriend would too.

Next thing I know, I realized that he had really nice lips. They looked soft. Slightly chewed up but soft nonetheless. It's a wonder what they might feel like. Probably soft but something tells me that there'd be more to it.

Then I found this magical thing called a jawline. And I completely left rational thinking behind. The guy has one hell of a jawline. I already knew this but I especially liked it at the moment. My eyes only went for further inspection downwards. My brain giving me ideas that I'll be guilty about for the rest of my goddamn existence.

Thus, here I sit with the most awkward boner known to mankind. I have never been so grateful for the existence of a table in my life. Especially with trying to will it away proving difficult because he's literally right in front of me staring at his phone with intensity. There was no saving me now, I swear. I tried focusing on the table looking at the etched marks of people names and initials with the occasional 'suck a dick' written there. God, I'd sure like to.

"Hey Matthew," Gilbert suddenly said causing me to jump and his my leg on the table. I'm digging my own grave, I swear. "What's your phone number?"

"W-wh-at?" That was barely a word.

"What's your phone number? You know, so I can send you pictures of my dogs." He smiled brightly. Almost too bright. God, help me.

"You have dogs?"

"Three of them."

"Give me your phone so I can put it in." I held my hand out. Quickly enough, his phone was in my hand. It was weird since I was so used to my own phone. Anyway, I quickly punched in the number and even went ahead made myself a contact. Once I was done, I gave it back to him.

"Are you serious?" His smile widened.

"Very."

"Alright 'Canadia the Motherland'." He started laughing and I grit my teeth hard trying to keep myself together. "You okay?"

"What do you mean?"

"You look like you want to strangle someone."

"I do?"

"Yeah."

"Well, I really don't want to."

"Alright, sure." He shook his head with a little bit of a smirk.

"Shut up."

"Well, damn, so much hostility."

"You're going to kill me, I swear." I shook my head.

"Bet?"

"There's no bet here, I'm going to die because of an asshole."

"Doubt it." I'm sure he would eat his words if he was the one with an awful boner.