Another night

Matthew's POV

"Feli! I'm home!" Lovi yelled loud as ever which was necessary given how loud the house already was. It was fun though, like a second home to me.

"I don't care!" What a truly loving family. It was almost comical with noise that was in the house. It was so loud like Lovi. We went up to his room after he nagged at his brother. Much like the rest of the house, his room was messy, near hoarder-like. But unlike even his personality, it was quiet. Being in here always made me wonder what Lovi was like when totally alone. We're close but he always has a guard even around me. Even in his weaker moments.

He hopped onto the bed. I sat down at the edge next to his feet. He used his arm to keep his head up, his gaze was on me.

"I met him before I moved here." He sighed. "He was in my class and he was the most annoying little sucker I'd ever met."

"So he was annoying?"

"No."

"Then what?"

"He was absolutely terrifying."

"What?" I near laughed at thought. Gilbert was a softy from how I saw. I don't think he's even lay his hand on a tree.

"He once attacked a kid for interrupting his sentence. Hell, if you even came near him, he would give you the most terrifying glance. I once tried to tell him to stop being such an ass and I almost got my ass handed to me."

"Don't think that scares me all that much."

"I know it doesn't." He sighed again, letting his arm fall with his head following. He looked exhausted and vulnerable. "I'm just asking you to be careful."

"Did you lose trust in me or something? I wouldn't be your friend if I wasn't careful." It was hard getting close to Lovi. I remember it thoroughly because I had to learn the hard way. Maybe Lovi softened up and pitied me for taking all his insults and all the other things he would do to distance himself. I know we have a mutual respect now. It was a long ass journey that required so many sleepless nights. But it was worth it.

"Just a bit."

"Why?"

"Because your idiot ass decided to go and start falling for the guy." I choked on air, triggering a small coughing fit.

"What?" I wheezed.

"You heard me." He looked at me with fire in his eyes. I'm better off dead at this point. He's mad about something that's not true though. "Too many red flags for it not to be true."

"But it isn't." I furrowed my brows. "I've known him for like a week. This isn't Shakespeare, Lovi."

"You can't tell me the way you talk about him and even look at him doesn't have something more to it." He sat up, his frown more pronounced.

"He's new and interesting, sorry for being curious." I rolled my eyes. That seemed to infuriate him more. "Why do you even care?" He didn't say anything. I noticed that he wasn't actually looking at me anymore. His focused was the empty spot next to me. Why avoid me? "Lovi." His eyes whipped to me. It was then that realization hit me. "You're jealous, aren't you?"

"I am not." He growled, leaning closer to me.

"Liar." I spat. "Tell me why? Why are you angry at me for something you think is true? Because it's not true. You know how I am with people. It takes time for me. So tell me why?"

"I'm not jealous."

"Oh yes, you are."

"I'm not."