New Lows

Matt's POV

I'm not sure what we are at this point. I mean, the word boyfriend makes me want to hurl so partner in crime fairs better. I could ask him but I don't really want to. I don't want to ruin his nap. Especially with the fact that that he has a big goofy grin on his face. The slightest bit of drool even slipped onto the couch.

Standing here looking down at him may be incredibly creepy but I honestly just forgot what I was going to go do. I got distracted by Gil and his deep slumber.

Suddenly, I heard the stairs creak and looked up to find Toni walking into the room. He looked much more awake now, his hair still messy but he looked less dead. I politely smiled at him as a greeting. He blinked a little bit before yawning. 

"I need to talk to you." He said as he stretched his arms up. 

"About what?" I asked, brow raised in confusion. 

"A lot of things." He dropped his arms. "Mainly Gilbert and Lovi." 

"I'm not in trouble, am I?" 

"No, but I need to tell you some things, give you some warnings." 

"Warnings?"

"Best we talk about this in the kitchen." He started to the kitchen. Curiosity getting to me, I followed. When I made it to the kitchen, he was filling a kettle with water. Turning off the water, he set the kettle on the stove and switched on the stove. "Has Gilbert told you anything about Germany?" He suddenly asked, turning to me. 

"Very little." 

"Alright, has Lovi said anything to you?"

"Just that he hates my guts." 

He sighed, "You have some very complicated people around you."

"I think basically everyone I know is a complicated person." I shrugged. 

"Sounds like you have a poor taste in people."

"Well, you sure aren't hesitant to insult me."

"It's because I don't particularly like you."

"What?"

"You heard me." He turned to look at me. "I'm concerned for both Lovi and Gil. You've been the root of the problem for Lovi. And I'm afraid of what you're going to do to Gil."

"You shouldn't be."

"Can't help it."

"So, you don't trust me?"

"No."

"Sounds like you're terrible at trusting people."

"What's your point?"

"My point is that you barely know anything about the situation." I crossed my arms. "Just because you grew up with them doesn't mean you know them now."

"You're an idiot."

"Are you fucking kidding me?" I chuckled. He was really starting to get on my nerves.

"I'm just trying to protect the ones I care about, you can understand that, right?"

"Anyone can but that doesn't mean you have to tell people to back off so you can feel needed."

"Get out." His tone changed into that of a warning. His voice low and careful.

"Fine." I turned and walked out of the kitchen. I walked through the living room, taking a quick glance at Gil. He was stirring at this point. Basically awake. Sorry Gil but I have to get going.