CHAPTER FIFTEEN

Ryan arrived home in the morning feeling extremely exhausted and worn out. After packing his car in the extremely spacious parking lot of his house, he came out and walked in. He stopped mid-way in to the house on realizing the main door was unlocked. His House keeper wasn't supposed to come until later in the afternoon. 

"Joyce! Joyce!" He called out. His mother descended gracefully down the stairs with excitement.

"My favourite woman in the world! What are you doing here?"

"Flattery will not get you anywhere Ryan. Good Morning my son." She kissed him on the cheeks and patted him on the shoulders. "Working so hard as usual. You need a massage." Ryan smiled brightly.

"I need a bath first." He said as he dropped his brown leather bag on the floor of the living room. His mother slapped his hand. 

"Pick that up Ryan. That is a terribly bad habit. Take it to your room or aren't you going there?"

Ryan grudgingly picked his bag up and said "Mum is back."

"Yes! I'm here for the rest of the week my love." Ryan's jaw dropped open to protest.

"I was at your brothers' houses from the past two weeks playing with my grand children and I had a fabulous time."

"Go ahead Mum, rub it in that I'm still single."

"It is nothing but the truth; a reality created by you."

"Whatever. I am not a child. I will take my bath then go to bed."

"No young man. You will take your bath then come down to eat then relax after which you could go to bed."

"Mum," Ryan whined like a teenager.

"Listen to your mother Ryan. As long as you remain single I will continue to torment you like this."

Ryan wanted to protest but knew he will not win. His mother was on his case and there was nothing he could do about it. A week with his mother was definitely going to be refreshing.

Lolita crashed the moment her head hit the pillow. Sleep came very quickly, succeeding in helping her to temporarily rest from her burdens. After leaving the hospital she had wondered around the nearby mall, trying on clothes and taking selfies. Her heart bled and ached inside but she plastered a smile on her face. It was definitely the first time in her life she spent Sunday away from church. She bought two new dresses and a pair of red open toe stiletto and headed to her new home. She greeted Rachael and went straight to her room and slept off.

Later that night, Rachael called up Lorato. She wanted to know what exactly was wrong with Lolita's family and why none of them was at church. The fact the she did not find Lolita at home when she arrived coupled with her hasty greetings when she came back confirmed she does not want to talk about it. After four rings, Lorato picked up the call.

"Hi Lorato. I am so sorry for calling this late."...

"I noticed Lolita wasn't at church today. Is everything okay with her?"

"You don't know?" Sighs. "Thanks. Don't forget my slumber-bridal party this Friday. Good night."

Rachael felt defeated. Even her best friend doesn't know what happened to the Badmus' family. Why was Lolita refusing to let anyone know her where about? What could she have done to cause her to move out? It could mean only one thing...pregnancy. Rachael shook her head vigorously. Impossible! Lolita wasn't that kind of girl. But mistakes do happen! The question is "who was the guy responsible?"