CHAPTER TWELVE

SUNDAY, 7 AUGUST 2016.

Uncle Dele's wound were tended to by a Doctor as soon as he got to the emergency room. Lolita dressed up as soon as everyone left after her mother's drama ended. Grace had ran out of the hospital while Ryan called for help and with David's help got Uncle Dele out of the room. Prof. Badmus was left alone with Lolita. The anger he felt towards his brother had subsided but he was not sure if he should be proud of what Grace did or whether he should be afraid for her especially if the police were to get involved. Lolita stood up from the bed and began looking for her clothes in the drawer by the bed.

"Lolita." Prof. Badmus called her. Lolita felt strange hearing her name coming out of his mouth. When was the last time he called her so softly without any anger? Was her father back to his senses or was this his way of making peace? She turned around but did not utter a word.

"I know that you are confused but everything will be sorted out soon for all our sake."

"I am not one of your students Professor. I am supposed to be your daughter remember? So please stop trying to explain things." She said dryly.

"Do as you please but just you know I can never see you the same way again not after it will be revealed that you are Dele's child." Lolita wanted to punch something. Wasn't he listening when her mother said she was already pregnant when the incident happened? She suddenly felt filthy... the thought of what her uncle did while she was already in the womb made her feel sick. Why did God allow all this to happen?

"What do you want from me Professor? You haven't been a father to me for three years now so what difference does it make if the DNA test proves true that I am not your daughter?"

Prof. Badmus suddenly took her hands and looking into her eyes said,

 "I don't have a daughter either way... I am going to the Reception area now to ask how we will get the DNA test done." He released her hands and left. Lolita bit her lower lip to stop the tears forming at the corner of her eyes. How did her father turn out so mean and cruel? She sat down on the bed and looked at the time. It was already midnight.

The blood samples were taken and everyone went back home except Lolita. She slept at the hospital and by the next morning, she had decided what to do about her shattered life. Ryan walked in with a nurse who announced to her she was free to go home and left afterwards. Lolita's face was puffy and looked miserable. The wig on her head was disheveled but she did not care.

 "Happy Sunday Lolita." Ryan greeted her warmly. Lolita did not respond immediately but stood up and walked towards him.

"May I make a phone call please?" She said with an outstretched hand. Ryan dipped his hand in his pocket and gave her his Samsung Galaxy 5 phone. Lolita noticed it has no password. 

Lazy guy.

Ryan watched as she conversed with someone on the other. He watched the different emotions playing on her face... why was she so relaxed about everything that is happening around her? The call ended and she gave him the phone back.

"Thank you. How is my Uncle doing?"

"He is awake. The wound was not fatal but he can be discharged anytime soon."

"Thanks. I will be heading home soon. Still waiting for my brother."

"Okay. Give me a call if you need anything." Ryan offered with a big smile. After he left, Lolita dressed up in her own clothes and waited. The DNA test results will be coming out in a weeks' time but she must be prepared for whatever comes.