CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE

An hour passed and Kgosi got tired of waiting by the door and went to sit in the living room. Desire soon came out carrying a small luggage with her. Her husband stood up and asked,

"where are you going?" She did not say a word.

She grabbed her car keys from the dining table and was about to open the front door when her husband grabbed her by the hand.

"I'm sorry. Let's talk about this. I had no idea about what happened to you because you kept me in the dark about it."

She looked him in the eye and spat out,

"You abandoned me and humiliated me in front of those riff-raffs!"

"I am here for you; I am willing to listen if you want to vent your anger. Let me help you." He released her hands and said,

"Honestly you have been acting strange of late and are always on edge. You shut me out and when I try to find out what was eating you up you lash out in anger! Desire, please stop taking me for granted."

Desire was not moved. With eyes blazing with anger she yelled at him,

"Go to hell!" She opened the door and walked out to the garage. She opened the garage door walked in, threw the luggage in the back seat and got inside the car. Kgosi opened the door of the driver's side and pulled her out.

"Leave me alone!"

"No! I am your husband! I deserve to know what's going on with you! I care!" Tears of anger rushed down her face. "I'm not letting you go."

"I am not going to let it all go Kgosi!" He cupped her face in his hand and said,

"Whatever it is... we will weather the storms together. I am here for you." Desire removed his hands from her face and her heart felt tight at how much this innocent man is suffering and will continue to suffer for her sake. Love radiated through those beautiful brown eyes- she was sure of his love but it would destroy her plans if she gave in to feeble emotions. Right then and there, she decided to end it all.

"Let me go Kgosi! I don't love you! I never have and I never will!" Kgosi was dazed and hurt at her cruel words.

"W...wwhat?"

"You heard me Kgosi! Don't you see? Lolita might be too righteous to refuse such a general offer that Ryan made to her months ago but I recognise good fortune when I see it. Goodbye Kgosi! I do not want this marriage anymore."

"I don't believe it! I know you love me!"

She laughed out loud and playfully hit his chest as she replied,

"You are so naïve and totally gullible. What? Love? You met me two years ago; dated for seven months and got engaged."

"Who are you and what have you done to my wife?"

"You are delaying me!" She pushed him back and got inside the car; opened the electric gate; locked the car and drove away leaving Kgosi dumbstruck and totally wounded. This must be a dream- a nightmare! What had just happened? Less than hour ago she was fine. Was it her parents' visit? What did he say wrong? He ran inside the house, grabbed his phone from the coffee table and dialed Lorato's number. After three rings she picked up.

"Lorato...what offer did Ryan make to Lolita?" The other side went quiet as she was taken by surprise. How did Kgosi get involved in their mess?

"Kgosi... what did Desire say about Ryan?"

"Who is Ryan?" Kgosi asked.

"Lolita's friend."

"What offer did he make to her and why?" He asked patiently.