Chapter 3- New Country New Me

Although my personality keeps constantly changing, I can never seem to abandon the person I used to be. - Unknown
~*~

Oceans POV:

Today's the day.

It seems too fast. I guess because it all came so fast.

The last day I spent it doing all the things I loved and saying short goodbyes to those I know, even my crush Blake said bye to me I was so happy but sad not because I was moving but really, out of all the days he chose to now you notice my presence.

I thought when this day came I'd be more sad than I am, but out of every other emotion I could have sadness, nervousness, anger, I'm oddly excited. I think Joy is too she hasn't stopped smiling once and I can tell her parents are excited to have a break from work.

Okay. Pants?

Check.

Shoes?

Check.

Laptop?

Check.

Okay all I need now are my shirts packed. The rest of my travel bags are downstairs already packed. I took my last suitcase and started to neatly fold my shirts 'till I gave up grabbed the shirts pile and threw it in the box then sat on top of it to help it shut.

Should've done that first. I thought.

I dragged the suitcase out my now empty room. Once I was out the room completely I turned to look back at my former room. I know it's only for a year but a lot could change, you never know. We might not even live here when I come back so I want to treasure every last moment here.

I sighed looking around the abandoned room, I'm going to miss this place.

"Well you know what they say, new country new me." I said to myself then began dragging the suitcase through the hallways turning multiple times all the way to stairway and lifted my travel case all the way to the car my parents rented so Joy, her parents, and I could fit.

I sighed and stepped in the car, I looked and saw that everyone was already in it I hope they weren't waiting long for me. I grabbed my phone and earbuds once we started moving for a while; the car ride was silent and awkward so I figured music would help.

I was about to put in the second bud in my ear when my step father spoke. "Ocean, you're not mad right?" I looked up bewildered.

"We truly are sorry sweetheart, if you don't want to leave I'm sure we can stay long-" I stopped her right there.

"Hey I'm okay honest. I'm not mad I'm excited for you guys and being able to visit 'nother country. Second, you're not staying any longer I want you guys to have some free time, we all know both of you guys, including Joys' parents, need it." I looked at Joys parents and they smiled while her mom said a small thank you. I smiled back. "But you guys better call me at least three times a week." I chided playfully.

My mom smiled and looked at me through the rearview window, I smiled back and finally put in my other earbud and started listening to Don't Let Me Down by Chainsmokers. I looked out the window bobbing my head to the beat. When you get to London you don't have to be the same Ocean. Try new things. With that in thought I closed my eyes picturing how London would be.
**********