seumul : goody two shoes

Taehyung's POV

"Taehyung?" I felt her shaking my body lightly. "Taehyung? Please say something." My palm is being lifted up to her wet cheek.

I opened my eyes slowly to only see a blurry vision. I exhaled deeply, then it stopped.

"Younghee?" I called her out silently and she got startled.

"Omo, Taehyung! Gwaenchana?" She placed her palms on my cheeks. I tried to nod as a response.

She escorted me to her bed and placed a blanket to my neck. Then she sat down beside me.

"Taehyung, do you feel like there's something wrong? Are you really okay?" She attacked me with questions and I shook my head slowly.

"Do you need anything?"

"Can I have some water?" I requested and she nodded, tears filling her eyes.

A few minutes later, she brought the water for me and I drank it quickly. I felt like my throat was burning minutes ago. Now, it's fine but I feel cold.

"Can you close the window? It's getting cold," I said and she nodded. I brought the blanket up to my nose and inhaled. It smelled just like her and I smiled.

"Taehyung, do you need anything more?" She asked quietly and worriedly.

"I need you," I said and she smiled. "Come here, it's cold." I requested silently and she hopped on the bed, laying next to me.

She then wrapped her arm around me and dug her face to my chest. "Please, don't ever do that again." She whispered and my heart skipped a beat.

"But what if I don't, you'll do it?" I asked her and she nodded. "I can't ever let you do that either,"

I caressed her hair slowly when Jisoo's words hit me like a truck.

'she doesn't love you!'

'she loves jimin, i saw them hugging each other at an alley,'

'i have a proof too,' she showed me a picture.

However, a voice echoed inside the room which disrupted my thoughts.

"Taehyung?" Younghee called me quietly.

"Hmm?"

"Do you believe in a world of happy ending?" She asked, looking up at me and I looked at her back. I saw her giving me a weak smile and my heart feels like it's been ripped apart.

"Why, out of the blue?" I caressed her hair and she looked away from me.

"Ani, I'm just curious." She replied, putting her hand on my neck, rubbing circles there.

"I do believe in a world of happy ending," I said and she looked up at me again. "As long as you're with me in that world."

"Jinjja?" She nudged my chest lightly and I smiled.

At that moment, I felt both happy and insecure. Why?

Is she forcing herself to be with me? So she loves jimin, after all?

But, those few times we spent, every single thing just felt so real. I didn't want to lose her even though some parts of me were slowly trying to give up.

I know that she could not be happy as long as she's with me. Things are tough for her since the beginning, and now she has to face another obstacle again.

I'm just a person who's still unsure about my own feelings, they're all messed up and I just can't fathom my thoughts together.

My thoughts are stars I can't fathom into constellations.

She's still a pure girl, she's just like a white paper. If a droplet of an ink is stained there, she would be influenced by it forever.

And I hate it, I just feel like I'm not the right guy for her. I'm broken. Just how can I make her happy when I can't even make myself happy?

And my eyes . . .

She can't stay with me and take care of me forever. It wouldn't be good for her to stay with a guy that is going to experience a disability at any time soon.

"Taehyung?" She called me again and I broke my thoughts.

"What is it?"

"What do you want to be in the future?" She asked, intertwining our hands together.

"Me?" I blurted out and she nodded. "I want to be an idol," I replied and she woke up from my embrace.

"Jinjja?" She got surprised and I woke up as well, nodding.

"That's the reason why I joined the music club," I told her, caressing her hair. "I want to stand on the stage with those guys, I want to know how it feels like and I want to see the view up there."

But I know that it's impossible.

"What about you?" I asked her back and she shook her head.

"Seriously, I don't know what I'm going to do in the future when I don't even know what I'm going to do tomorrow." She sighed and I laughed.

"Heol, a wise class president just said that she didn't know what she want to be in the future?" I teased her and she nudged me lightly.

"Omo, I think it's about time for my shift to start now." She hopped off the bed. "Do you need anything more?" She asked again and I nodded, smiling.

"If you need anything, just call me okay? I will just come here quickly even if I'm on the other side of the Earth," She joked and I smiled.

Aish, jinjja. This kid.

"Don't be clumsy at work, okay?" I gave her a peck on her forehead and she nodded.

After that, I went back to my room and rested myself on my own bed. To be honest, I really have no idea what I'm going to do next.

                                  •••

I realized I've been sleeping for hours since she's been away for work. I took my phone and saw that it's 9:30pm but why isn't Younghee here yet?

Just what happened?

As I was about to dial her, my phone beeped.

Anonymous sent an attachment!

I quickly opened it to see a picture of Younghee's and Jimin's backs. He was putting his arm around her shoulders and they were walking into a hotel.

- look at your little goody two-shoes ;)