4

"Where's Kai?" I asked Stefan when he walked into the Lockwood mansion alone.

Stefan glanced behind and shrugged, rubbing his neck. From his expression, I got the idea that their side of the plan didn't go too well.

"Did something happen to Kai?" I rose up to my feet.

Quickly, I laid Grayson back into his crib which stood beside the sofa. I had brought one after Damon and I brought Elena back to the Lockwood's. You couldn't blame me for not paying since wasn't a single soul in sight. Damon told me that he, Stefan and Caroline compelled the entire town to leave because the heretics kept feeding on humans.

"Stefan, where's Malachai?" I repeated, raising my eyebrows while I walked over to him.

Stefan opened his mouth to speak but I felt arms wrap me. I jumped, startled but recognised that it was Kai by the rings on his fingers.

"I'm everywhere, Ri." He whispered in my ear. His voice sent a shiver down my spine and he chuckled, kissing my cheek. I bit my lip and used my vamp speed to trap him between the wall and myself.

Kai smirked, his eyebrows raised in surprised but also amusement. I smirked back. "At least buy me dinner, Ri." He teased. "Who knew you were eager?"

I rolled my eyes. "You shouldn't sneak up on a lady, Malachai."

"Who says you're a lady?" He replied, using his vamp speed to trapped me against the wall. He placed his hand on my chest, running up to my neck before he took ahold of my jaw.

I opened my mouth to speak but I couldn't think of a comeback. Kai smirked even wider and made my face come inches to his. "No comeback?" He asked, tilting his head to the left.

"Unfortunately not." I told him. Kai laughed and crushed his lips on mine. His hand that held my jaw, brought my face even closer to his.

"No sex in the hallway." Stefan said, making our kiss end. Kai and I both looked over at him and notice him shaking his hand. "You two are weird."

"Say it like its a bad thing, Stefan." I shrugged, kissing Kai's cheek. He winked and dropped his hold on me before I dunked under his arms.

I heard Kai laugh behind me and I sent him a smile. Walking back into the front room, I peered over the crib to look down at Grayson. He was asleep, cuddling the bear Bonnie gave us. I lent down, planting a soft kiss on his forehead. I loved that little guy. "Has anyone spoken to Ric lately?"

Last time I saw him was at his wedding to Jo. The night he lost everything, I had never seen someone so broken and lost. It was heartbreaking to witness, especially as he held her dead body, as if he refused to believe the love of his life was gone.

Clearing away my memories, I glanced over at Stefan for an answer. "Ric, he's at Whitmore, he's gone back to his teaching."

I nodded. "How is he?"

"He's doing better, he has his days but he's trying to be optimistic." Stefan told me with a shrug and a scowl in Kai's direction.

I nodded. "That's good to hear."

"It really is." Kai added and I looked at him. He walked over and picked up Grayson. "I mean the guy lost his unborn babies and wife on his wedding day." I did notice the smirk which form in Kai's lips as he spoke, almost as if he was proud of his work. He ran his finger down Grayson's cheek while he made his way back down onto the sofa.