17

A.N -

Okay, so I've made a mistake with the dates in this fanfiction. It is impossible for Kai and Riley to have been gone for six months and just attended the Heaven and Hell ball.

So in terms to avoid anymore confusion, I'm going to generalise the time frame around two months or so before Christmas.

++++

"No." I said to Kaleb. "It's quite obvious the egg came before the chicken. I mean what do chickens come from?"

Kaleb rolled his eyes. "Love, how did the egg get there then?"

I pursed my lips, thinking as I tapped my coffee cup. "From an egg tree?" I guessed, shrugging as I sipped my coffee.

He laughed and I giggled as well. "You will always make me laugh, darling."

I smiled with a shrug. "I know, I'm fabulous. I've been told."

He smiled. "So how are things with you and the witchy fella?"

I laughed. "Witchy fella?" Kaleb simply shrugged. "His names Kai and we're great I guess. Our relationship is different."

"From what I've seen its pretty strange." He paused and leaned in slightly. "Tell me love, do you love him?"

My smile went and I looked down to my cup. "Yes I do." I bit my lip, looking up from my cup to Kaleb. "Don't tell him."

"Why? Doesn't he love you?" He asked, his eyebrows raised and he appeared interested.

"I don't know." I paused. "He is Kai Parker, the sociopath who murdered his family." I frowned slightly. "But he also is my boyfriend and the father of my son."

"He's has quite a title to his name."

I hummed. "Indeed he does. Honestly I don't know if he has the mental ability to feel love."

"Why is that?"

I shook my head. "It's not my place to say since it is his personal life."

"That is very good of you, love. A man doesn't want his weakness exposed to harm those he loves or cares for. Tell me does Kai have any enemies?"

I shook my head. "No, not really. He just has a lot of people who find him annoying."

"That is true." Kaleb muttered, I nodded sipping my drink.

"Yeah, so how is your life Kaleb? Seeing anyone special?" I asked, changing the topic.

He shrugged. "There was this one girl but it's over."

"Oh, what happened?" I asked, curious.

"She just ended it and went with someone else."

That's just horrible. Poor Kaleb. I thought.

"Oh, I'm sorry." I said, putting my hand on his arm for comfort. I smiled and he smiled back. "So where is she now?"

"I'm not sure, I've seen her but she isn't the same girl I love anymore." Kaleb told me, staring at me right in eye.

I nodded, uncomfortable with his stare. "That's pretty bad, but don't worry Kaleb. She obviously wasn't worth it." He nodded, slightly. I nodded, feeling a buzz in my back pocket. I jumped a little, earning a confused look from Kaleb. "Just my phone."

"Who is it?"

I checked and saw it was Damon. "Damon." I said, answering in case it was something urgent. "Damon, evening."

"Riley, you need to get here now."

"Why? Are you missing me that badly?"

"No, but Kai is freaking out."