13

"Road trip with the Salvatore's!" I cheered, from the backseat of Damon's car.

The brothers exchanged a glance. "Tell me again, why we're bringing them again?" Stefan asked his brother.

Damon shrugged, looking back at Valarie who was in the backseat with Kai and I. I sat between them. We were going to get Julian's body to burn. Kai and I were needed in case things didn't go according to plan. It turned out that Valerie didn't want Grayson and I dead. Bonnie and Caroline didn't hesitate to offer to look after Grayson while Kai and I were gone.

I didn't want to leave him but we had to for his safety. "We need them for their magic, if you want we can tape their mouths shut." Valarie suggested.

"Agreed." Damon said, Stefan nodded and I gasped.

"Hurtful Salvatore's and Valarie." I said. Kai chuckled to himself, scrolling through his Twitter. They all rolled their eyes. I looked over at Kai, resting my head on his shoulder.

"Why are you so hyper, Ri?"

I shrugged. "Why are you always on Twitter?"

"Because Twitter is life."

I laughed, watching his screen as he read few the tweets. "Twitter is boring."

Kai rolled his eyes, but kept his eyes on his screen. "It's not. It's interesting this way I can update with everyone's lives even if they live in another country. So cool." He grinned, staring at his screen.

He's so cute.

"Just curious who's the oldest brother" I asked.

"That'd be me." Damon said, holding up his hand and he looked at me from the drivers mirror.

"Grandpa." I muttered, he glared and I smiled widely.

++++

"Kai's." Valerie read from my tattoo. I rolled my eyes, blushing for a split second. "Why?" She asked, I turned back around to face her.

"Lost a bet." I shrugged, explaining the stories behind my tattoos and belly piercing.

She nodded. "Well you and Kai have an interesting relationship."

"Indeed." I replied, whilst we walked to where the casket supposedly was.

"So does he love you?"

"Kai Parker, he doesn't love."

"Yes I've heard the stories. He's murdered his siblings, even twin babies to keep his power." I frowned slightly and Valerie nudged my arm. "But he's different now because of you."

"Different." I repeated and she nodded. "All I did was get him a matching tattoo and new phone."

She shook her head as if I was missing something. I brought my eyebrows together with confusion. "No, Riley. You've changed him for the better. Anyone can see the way he looks at you."

"How does he look?" I asked, glancing at Kai, who was ahead with Damon and Stefan annoying them.

"When he looks at you, you can see the love in his eyes. Riley how do you not notice this? He's practically pouring his heart out to you."

"I wouldn't say pouring his heart out. But he is less psychotic I guess."

"He's a changed man, Riley. Thanks to you and you two have made a beautiful child together."

"Thank you." I paused. "And thank you again for not wanting my son dead."

Valerie nodded. "I've already lost one baby, I'd hate to see another hurt."