33

"I cannot believe Niklaus." Rebekah huffed as she walked into the room. She shook her head. "First he-"

She paused when she noticed me. "Is everything alright?"

I sighed. "Kol and I got into a fight."

Her eyebrows rose. "Now I have two brothers to murder." She huffed, walking over to take a seat beside me on the bed and nudged my arm. "What happened?"

"I told him that I would turn for him."

"Turn?" Rebekah repeated then her eyes grew. "Oh, you mean-"

"Yes." I interrupted then ran my hands down my face. "I don't want to grow old and see all you stay young, I don't want to be on my death bed and know Kol is still going to be the same age."

Rebekah smiled slightly and put her arm around me. I rested my head on her shoulder. "I may not have the best experience with love." She let out a small chuckle. "But I know love when I see it and my brother is glowing in it." I smiled at her words. "He just wants to protect you, the transition is a very difficult one and once you turn, you can never go back to being human."

"That doesn't matter to me as long as I'm with Kol." I told her. "I love him."

"Love who?" My eyes opened and I jumped slightly. I looked up to see Kai staring down at me. He fused his eyebrows together. "Why are you on the floor?"

I glanced around and he held out his hand, I took it and he pulled me up to my feet, wrapping me into his arms. I threw my arms around him and smiled because I was back in his arms.

"Where did you go?" I asked, lifting up my head to look at him.

Kai stared down at me, cupping my face with his hand. His thumb ran down my cheek. "Out, you didn't seem to want me here."

"Kai-"

"Well that's what you said-"

"Kai." I interrupted with a frown. "Don't do that."

"Do what?"

"Make me the bad guy."

He paused for a few seconds then sighed with a slight shrug. "I guess, you had your reasons for being angry."

"Let's just forget about it." I said, not wishing to discuss it anymore.

He nodded and rested his head on mine. "Agreed."

++++

"I don't know whether to feel flattered or not each time I see that you two are blonde." Caroline said, staring between Kai and i with Grayson in her arms.

Kai grinned, looking at Caroline. "Flattered." He said, while fixing his black shirt on. It was a black button up shirt.

I laughed and Caroline just nodded slowly. "How's Grayson?"

Caroline enjoyed to babysit Grayson any chance she got. She beamed, sending him a smile. "He's fine, a little upset earlier but a nap sorted him right out."

"Do you want me to-"

"No." Caroline cut in. I rose my eyebrows and held up my hands. She chuckled. "I'm fine to keep watching him and besides I have to make sure that I'm the favourite aunty."

"I already know that you're going to be the favourite Caroline." I assured her and she smiled.

"Riley, Kaleb is downstairs." I rose a brow and felt my stomach drop. Kai gave me a weird look. "He said it's important."