24

"Kai."

He lifted his eyes up from his phone. "Ri."

"Christmas is coming up."

"Again?" He cringed. I rose a brow. "Wasn't it Christmas last year?"

"Kai." I rolled my eyes. "It's every year we've been over this."

He hummed with a short nod. "I know but I've never really celebrated Christmas."

I gave him a warm smile and nudged his arm. "We've celebrated it before though, don't you remember?"

"We have but we never celebrated it properly like people do in the movies."

"Awww..." I squeezed his cheeks and he frowned. "Well we can celebrate Christmas like the movies if you want, with matching pyjamas, hot chocolate with marshmallows, a warm fire, presents and a big roast to end the day."

Kai formed a small smile on his lips. "That sounds nice." He beamed like a child and I kissed his cheek. "But the food is unnecessary."

I nodded and shrugged. "We can improvise."

"So I can eat you instead?" He smirked. I rolled my eyes but smiled.

"Only if you say please." Kai's eyebrows rose and he slapped my ass in response. I gasped and brought my lip between my teeth. "Later." I moved my head in the direction of our son and Kai hummed.

"How can such good sex make the biggest cockblock?" He huffed, averting his attention back to his phone. He chuckled to himself. "I'm going to tweet that."

I shook my head and picked up Grayson, kissing the side of his head. "You're not a cockblock, your dad is just too horny." I cooed, tickling underneath his chin. Grayson giggled and I smiled, taking a seat beside Kai on the bed. "Malachai."

"Ri." He said with his eyes glued to his phone.

"This will be a first Christmas with Grayson." I beamed, looking down at my son.

A smile formed on his lips and he lifted up his gaze. "Oh right." He chuckled a little. "We're like a real family, celebrating a real Christmas." Kai beamed. "I've never done that before."

My smile fell slightly from his words but I instantly kept it back on, not wanting to dwell on his problems at this moment. Instead I wanted him to merely enjoying being happy and excited and he looked just that. So I kissed him softly, with my hand on his cheek and said. "Yes, our own little family."

And his smile only grew.

++++

"Well aren't you something?" A voice, I didn't know, said.

I rose a brow, spinning on my heel in the direction of the voice. "And you are?"

The man, who was leaning against the wall, pushed himself off it and took a step closer to me. I took a step back to ensure we had a distance between us. "Sorry, I don't mean to be a nuisance but something so extraordinary as you." He paused and shook his head with a small smile. "I couldn't help but admire."

Wow, his words are so charming and alluring. I thought. And Kai calls me Ri or a slut.

But that's when you two are having sex. And don't act like you don't love it.

Hmm I guess so.

"Oh." I paused, realising and remembering where I was. "Thank you."

His eyes peered over my frame and he smile only grew in size. I shifted with discomfort and immediately regretted saying 'thank you'. "On a run?" He asked, his eyes meeting mine once more.