7

"You murder a heretic?" Damon asked once more, trying to wrap his head around the situation. He rubbed his temples, looking annoyed yet somewhat relieved.

Kai hummed. "That I did." He spoke while his fingers drew patterns into hips. I sat between his legs with Grayson on my lap wide awake. "Yep, ripped his heart straight out." He sounded too proud.

I let out a deep breath and kissing Grayson's cheek. Damon, Elena and Stefan all looked stuck on how to fix the mess that Kai had made.

"It won't be long until Lily or the others realise that he's dead." Elena added, running her hand through her dark locks. 

"Elena's right." Damon agreed, folding his arms over his chest. "You messed up witch boy."

Kai scoffed and Stefan ran his hands down his face. "Who knows what they will do to Caroline now? You gave them motivation."

"But." I spoke, gaining everybody's attention. "Need I remind you all that, my son's life was threatened by this heretic!" I snapped, clenching my jaw.

"Deep breaths." Kai said in my ear, nibbling on my ear lobe before his lips ran down my neck. I hummed and unclenched jaw. I glanced down at my son on my lap, who stared at me with his bright blue eyes.

"I think he deserved it." I added, kissing Grayson's forehead as I brought him closer to my chest. Grayson made some baby noises but they muffled with his dummy. I smiled, kissing his forehead again. My son was perfect and I loved him dearly.

"That he did." Kai backed me up, kissing my cheek. I sent him a smile and he returned a wink.

"I get it." Damon said. He and I looked at him. "He wanted to kill Grayson so Kai ripped out his heart."

"I guess he does care about Grayson." Elena uttered, shrugging to herself. Kai shot Elena a glare and I saw him flick his hand, causing her drop on the ground. Damon rose to his feet and his fist balled and glared at him.

Stefan spoke. "But we didn't need to be enemies with the heretics. If they discover one of them is gone, who will they blame?"

"Ooh, I know this one." Kai answered. Damon rolled his eyes. "You guys, not us." He pointed at the Salvatore's and Elena, who was still on the ground.

The brothers glared but nodded. "Yes us."

"They know you two are here." Stefan pointed at Kai and I. "But they'll never suspect Kai did it, since you and Lily made a truce ages ago."

"Oh yeah."

I raised a brow at Kai. "What truce?"

"I gave Lily her family back in exchange for her blood to become this." He waved his hand to himself as I nodded.

"And you didn't think to tell me because....."

"I was busy that day, Ri." He answered. "With the whole wedding, you being pregnant and vampire. It was a long night."

"Don't remind me." I huffed. "And what better way to end a night then with somebody trying to kill you."

"Sounds like an everyday thing for me." I heard Kai mumble to himself.