8

"Jesus Riley." Damon gasped, his hand over his heart, he glanced at the knife that was jabbed into the wall beside his head.

I snorted a laugh and shrugged. "Sorry." I said. "But don't creep up on me, just ask Kai I can't stand it."

Damon glanced at the knife then me. "I can tell." He said. "But why a knife and how did you get so accurate?"

"I was middle of packing my bag, you made a noise so I panicked and the knife was the closet thing to my hand." I explained. "And you can learn a few things when being stuck in a prison world for a two years."

Damon took the knife out the wall and walked over to me. "Noted." He replied. "I swear sometimes I wonder whether Kai or you are crazier."

I scoffed. "Whatever." I shrugged. "Besides, you could've been a heretic." I defended, zipping up Grayson's jacket.

He was asleep which made this much easier. I decided to put an extra layer on him since it was cold at night and he was a baby. I lifted up the hood of my black jumper to hide my face.

"I now know not to sneak up on Riley Campbell." Damon said and I laughed.

I took the knife and folded the blade back down, shoving it into my pocket. "We should probably leave." He hummed, nodding in agreement. "Did Elena call you?"

"About the heretics who are coming here to kill us all?" I nodded. "Yeah I heard about that." He replied. I fixed Zeke onto my back and picked up Grayson.

"We should leave then." I said. "Like now."

"Good idea."

"And I'm guessing the front door isn't up for debate." I suggested while we walked downstairs. I held Grayson closer to my chest when I saw figures outside of the front door.

The door bell rang.

"Who's there?" Damon called with a smirk and I snorted a laugh.

"Damon." Lily growled, forcing the door down with her vampire strength. Her eyebrows narrowed at us. Behind her stood a man with three women.

"Lily." He glared back at his mother.

I hugged my son closer to my chest and took a step backwards so I was away from the whole scene, attempting to remain calm and not get angry. The heretics, who wanted my son and I dead, were at the door.

"We need her and the child." Lily stated and all the gazes fell on me.

I awkwardly shifted my feet. "I'm flattered but I've got a boyfriend." I put my hand over my heart with a grin and took another step back.

Damon sniggered and I sent him a look Damon do something! I thought and hoped he caught on to my stare.

"Oh, so she thinks she's funny." A brunette woman spoke, rolling her eyes.

I scoffed. "I know I'm funny."

"Whatever." She spat. "This has become boring and I have grown impatient, we came here to achieve one thing and I intend to do that." The woman replied, pushing past Lily to enter the house.

I brought my eyebrows together. "How old are you? Like no one speaks like that anymore."

"Enough of this." A blonde girl huffed clearly irritated. "We are here for the woman and the child, hand them over."