19

"And sleeping beauty is finally awake." I heard a familiar voice cheer with a clap following it. My eyes flicker opened and I slowly lifted up my head, my gaze meeting Julian.

I groaned, my head was spinning and my throat burned for blood. "What did you do to me?"

My eyes recognised the area and I realised it was the Salvatore's basement. I couldn't help but shudder as I remembered the last time I was brought down there.

Julian smiled. "Just a simple neck snap and shot of vervain never hurt anyone, dear."

I frowned. "I'm not your dear and where is Kai?"

"Oh, him." He shrugged. "I had to leave him at behind. I may be strong but I could only carry you and Lily."

"What do you want from me?"

"I need you for leverage."

I rose a brow. "Leverage for what?"

"For your dear old boyfriend to hand over your son."

My eyes widened but I knew that Kai would never do such a thing. He loved Grayson more than anything in the world.

"He'd never hand over my son."

"Wouldn't he?" Julian asked.

I glared, gathering my strength to stand up on my feet. "He wouldn't because he loves Grayson."

"And he loves you."

I ignored his comment. "He wouldn't do that." I repeated, my head spinning too much to focus. I rested my hand on the wall to keep my balance and my body felt as if it was weighed down.

"I wouldn't move a lot if I was you dear."

I rolled my eyes. "Bite me." I paused and shut my eyes for a moment. "You heartless prick."

"And your boyfriend isn't?"

"Kai has done bad stuff in the past, but he doesn't want a baby dead."

"Why would he?" Julian shrugged. "He already murdered one at his sister's wedding."

"That-"

"So now his sister is only having one baby instead of twins." He interrupted. "Because Kai just had to have the power."

"Don't-"

"He needed to feel important."

"Stop-"

"So he'd be more than a pathetic abomination."

"Stop!" I yelled. "Kai has had a rough life, he's mentally unstable at times. But you." I paused to regain my balance, resting my body on the wall. "You're nothing but a coward, who needs to go back into that stone."

Julian glared, grasping my throat. I gasped, feeling him stop my breathing. I dangled up the air due to his high grip. "I've spent a whole century in that bloody stone." He growled. "If anything your boyfriend deserves to spend his life there."

"No he doesn't."

"Yes he does, he's murdered many, his family, brothers, sisters, father, mother and his nieces or nephews."