27

My face fell and I felt as if someone had torn out my heart in that moment. "He can't be, you're lying."

Kaleb looked at me. "Riley, I'm not-"

"I need to go and find him." I interrupted him, pushing his hand off my thigh. I rose up to my feet and stumbled slightly. I grabbed my chest, feeling a shot of pain with each movement.

"Are you alright, love?" Kaleb asked, his hand on my arm.

I shook him off of me. "I'm fine." I said. "I need to go."

"Riley, you need to rest and feed." He called, following me into the main room. I ignored him and took ahold of the door.

However, I cried out when I touched the metal because it burned my skin. I turned around to look at him. "Kaleb, did you put vervain on the door?"

"Yes." He said with a sigh, running his hands through his hair. "Look, you need to rest and there is still a piece of wood inside of your chest."

"How do you know that?" I questioned although he was right, there was something in my chest.

"The way you've been grabbing your chest." He walked over to me but I took steps back, putting my arms to keep a distance. "Look, you're grieving and going out right now is not the best thing for you."

"I'm not grieving because there's no way he is dead."

"Denial, a stage of grieving." He pointed out and I rolled my eyes.

"I'm leaving Kaleb." Was all I said, raising my eyebrow.

"You think I came all the way back to this pathetic town for you run off again." I froze in my posture when I heard a familiar voice that I wished to not hear again. I turned around and Rebekah sent me a smile. "Nice to see you again, Raquel."

"Riley." I couldn't help but correct.

She rolled her eyes and stepped more into the room. "Look, there's no reason why this cannot be a simple and easy my dear." Klaus said with a smile as he appeared into the room too with Elijah close behind.

"Klaus, Elijah, Rebekah." I looked from them to Kaleb. "Kol."

Kaleb smiled and in seconds he reappeared as he usual self. I took a step backwards. "Took you a while, love, to put the pieces together."
He chuckled.

"Is this another plan to kidnap me back to New Orleans with you?" I asked, looking between them all. "Because I have a son."

"We know about the child and don't worry, he will be joining us as soon as we can locate him." Elijah explained, adjusting his blazer.

"I'm not leaving my son here, and I need to find Kai."

"More like a body." Rebekah muttered and I sent her a glare.

"He's not dead." I said and brought my hand up but Kol was quick to take ahold of my hands and pin them against my back.

"Nice try love." He said in my ear.

"Besides Riley, we have come here to not only make you return to New Orleans but also provide you with a gift." Klaus beamed, walking over to me. I sent him a confused look and he brought up a small vile from his jacket pocket.

With a grin he waved it in my face. "What is that?"

"You will find out soon enough, but I assure you that it will be worth it." His eyes moved to Kol. "Brother, keep her still now."

I struggled away from him but Kol was stronger than me. "Don't touch me with that." I yelled, while Klaus opened the bottle.

"Relax my dear, the more you move the worse it will be." He took ahold of my face gently and tilted my head back. I watched in horror as Klaus tilted the vile causing a drop to fall closer to me until it made contact with my eye.