11

"Come on, Malachai. I love this song and you know that." I pleaded, tugging his arm. Kai shook his head.

I huffed, wrapping my arms around his neck with my face levelled to his because of my heels. I pouted. "Come on, Kai. One dance." I held up one finger.

Kai shrugged slightly. "What happened to watching the two lovers?"

I shrugged. "Multitask."

He laughed. "I guess I can do that." I cheered, kissing his cheek and dragged by his hand with me to the dance floor. I danced with Kai, laughing and just having fun.

We'd been at that ball for an hour, it was pretty boring but we had managed to stop Mary Louise and Nora murdering anyone. Mary Louise had been the girl who had literally held my heart, so I didn't like her. Nora, I didn't know to comment.

Stefan and Caroline had gone somewhere, probably watching around. The place was packed, the women had great angel or devil costumes while the men wore causal clothes but with the colour scheme of an angel or devil.

"Don't act like you're having fun." I winked at Kai. He grinned and I smiled, dancing more. I enjoyed dancing with Kai.

It was fun and stupid at the same time.

I leaned into his ear. "Let's get physical." Kai cupped my cheek and kissed me softly as the music blasted throughout the speakers. I kissed him back, my arms around his neck bringing him closer. That kiss was intense.

"You're lucky I don't wear lipstick." I told him when the kiss ended. I wiped away the lip gloss on his lips, he nodded kissing my forehead.

"Riley, I....." Kai paused, biting his lower lip.

"You...?" I asked, my smile growing in thought of him saying those three words.

Three words.

Eight letters.

All he had to say.

"I lo-"

"Riley." I sighed at someone interrupting Kai. I turned around and saw Kaleb.

What the? My eyebrows fused together with confusion.

"Hey." I waved back, before looking back to Kai still hopeful. "What were you got say, Kai?"

"I love this dress on you, Ri." He finished, but I saw in his eye he looked a little hurt and annoyed. I couldn't help but let out a sigh of disappointment. "Something wrong?"

Yes. You won't say I love you! I screamed in my mind.

But I had said. "Yes, my songs over." I lied. Kai kisses me again which made me smile.

"Do you want a drink, Ri?"

"Yes, but vampire's can't get drunk can they?" Kai shrugged.

"Let's test it out, Ri."

I smirked. "Yes, we should."

++++

"Are you drunk?" I asked Kai, my voice slurring a little. He grinned, showing his sparkling teeth. I smiled back, sipping my drink.

"Nope." He said, popping the 'p'.

I groaned. "Why? You're suppose to be drunk too." I guessed vampires could get drunk.

(A.N - let's just say it's possible)

Kai chuckled, kissing my cheek. "Why do you always kiss my cheek and forehead?" I asked, pointing to my cheek and forehead. "You barely kiss my lips." I pointed at my lips.