30

"Look who decided to show up again." I muttered when I heard the bedroom door open. I kept my back to the door as I heard him walk around the room.

Soon I felt a dip in the bed, but refused to turn around to face him. Instead, I continued to face the wall. "Grayson missed you." I spoke to fill the silence. "He hasn't said anything new but he was acting up."

There was no response for a few minutes until I felt an arm wrap around me, My back hit a chest and his scent filled my nose. A small smile crept on my face and I snuggled into his embrace. I felt his head on my shoulder, his facial hair prickling my skin. I liked Kai with facial hair.

"Forget about it." Was all Kai said.

I nodded, realising what he meant and agreed. "Okay."

He kissed my cheek softly, taking ahold of my hand and squeezed it gently. "I can't lose you."

++++

"What do you want for Christmas, Ri?" Kai asked.

"Why?" I smiled and poked his cheek. "Thinking of buying me something, Malachai?" I raised my eyebrows.

Kai rolled his eyes. "Not really."

I gasped. "Hurtful, Malachai." I shrugged. "Fine you won't get my present for you."

His eyebrows rose with curiosity in his eyes. "You got me something?"

I didn't reply and instead walked along with Grayson who was in his pushchair. He was holding one of his teddies. "Come on." Kai complained, wrapping his arms around me from behind.

I shook my head. "What, Malachai?"

"Tell me."

I shook my head. "No."

"Ri, tell me. Or I won't tell you what I got." Kai rested his head on mine. I rolled my eyes.

"You got me something?" I asked. He nodded, I grinned. "Aww.....what is it?"

Kai grinned. "Tell me what you got me."

I shook my head. "No, it's suppose to be a surprise."

"Come on, Ri." He whined but I refused to cave in.

"I guess we'll both have to wait." Was all I told him. Kai huffed and leaned down to tickle Grayson that made him giggle. I smiled at the two of them.

"What's got you giggling so much?" He asked, dropping himself beside me on the sofa.

I shook my head and he leaned in, interested in the reason. "You and Elijah arguing will always make me laugh."

Kol shook his head with a grin. "Somehow, the one who acts the most sensible is always the biggest child."

"Well I find it adorable"

"I'm always adorable." I blinked and looked at Kai, who sent me a grin. I forced a smile and nodded.

"You mean I'm adorable." I said, trying to put my mind back onto Kai.

"Remember our bet, Ri." He reminded me with a nudge on my arm. I hummed.

"Oh, I remember Malachai." I assured. "I'm looking forward to seeing you blonde."

Kai rolled his eyes, his hair was hidden from his black beanie. He looked adorable. "I'm looking forward to seeing you blonde, Ri."

"Yeah right." I said, running my finger down Grayson's cheek. "Gray, loves me more and he won't say daddy will you." I cooed at him. "No you won't, because you love mama more."