Chapter 30

"What are you talking about?" He gasped and demanded at the same time. I just gave him an award winning smile as I shrugged and rocked back and forth on my heels.

"What if I help YOU get Juliet back?" I repeated again, but more slowly and clearly. He blinked twice, opened his mouth but then closed it shut when no words came out. He tried again and all that came out were strangled gasps of air as he tried to make some sort of sentence.

"Are you serious? You want me to get back with your mom?"

"Are you saying you don't want to get back with her?" I asked confused.

"NO! I mean yes..... Wait no! Argh what?" I laughed as he confused himself and took a deep breath. "Ok. Yes I want to get back with your mom but will she take me back? It's been 17 years since we have been together together. That quick visitation she made when you first came here doesn't count."

"Well that's were I come in. I can always pop back to Juliet's whenever I want and ask her if she would ever take you back. I can report back to you and slowly our plan will take into action. Then the war won't have to happen because you two will live happily ever after."

"This isn't some sort of fairy tale Yvaine. This is real life."

I rolled my eyes and waved my hand. "Yeah I know. But it wouldn't hurt to at least try. Besides, even if you don't agree to this, I still have to go back."

"May I ask why?" He asked with a raised eyebrow.

"I have to meet her parents," I grumbled out under my breath. He just looked at me with a confused expression and I was about to open my mouth to repeat myself when he cursed. My mouth fell open as he continued.

"Shit! Are you serious? Well then that ruins my surprise."

"Oh yeah about that, what is it?" I stated, even though I had an idea of what it was.

"Well my parents are coming over. I wanted you to meet them but I guess it's not really much of a great surprise since Juliet is doing the same thing," he grumbled at the end. He shook his head and sighed. "But I still want you to come and meet them. I haven't told them that they are grandparents so this will definitely shock them."

"They don't know I exist?" I was shocked and surprised at the same time. He shook his head with a small smile.

"Nope. I didn't know so how could they?"

"Huh..... Well back to our other topic, what do you say?"

He didn't even look at me as he thought about it. His eyes were wandering behind me to the few books he had on the wall. I knew he had thought of his response when his eyes landed back to me.

"I don't know. I mean I don't know how I'll feel about this. I can't handle her rejecting me for a second time."

"Well I'm sure she must have feelings for you if she was repeating those words yesterday. You guys fell in love. You got married! You had me!? I'm sure there is still some small spark somewhere inside her."

"And how do you know that?" He whispered so softly, he sounded like he was already feeling the heartbreak. I frowned slightly but answered his question.

"I'm your daughter. I can see things between you two."

He smiled slightly at my words but then nodded. "Okay. But if she doesn't have any feelings whatsoever for me, please don't tell me. I'll rather not know then know if you know what I mean."