Chapter 38

In the middle of finally ordering our items from the menu, Andrew and Chloe didn't stop talking about how they had met. Apparently they didn't get banished; they ran away from their homes and they didn't get together until Chloe realized she was pregnant with Adam.

You see, they were both set on getting revenge against their parents -they didn't say why- and they thought, "Why not mess with the enemy?" Well after a drunken night, a surprise and actual love later, they were still together even though the beginning was not rock solid.

"I think the whole point your daughter wanted you to see was that it can still happen. You heard our life story right now; we couldn't stand each other at the beginning. But a child changed our lives and here we are, happily married with another one and maybe a third one soon," Chloe chirped out cheerfully. The adults chuckled while us kids just groaned and slammed our heads against the table. "Don't be afraid to fall in love again. Just because your families are in some kind of feud no one even remembers why doesn't mean you have to keep on living it. YOU are a brand new generation, so you can set new rules and stop things from way back. Don't let your parents keep on ruling your life. You're adults now; you have a beautiful daughter who loves you-" I looked at them and smiled as she said this. With both my hands wrap around one of theirs, I focused my attention back to Chloe "-and I'm sure you don't want to lose her. So please, just take another leap like you did before and let love take its wing. You won't regret it, and this I am sure of."

As we finished our late lunch, the silence was very comforting. I kept on stealing glances to Camille, who just had a big smile on her face and I swear I saw her mouth, "Dustin" at one point.

Eww gross!!

Once the bill was paid and we said our goodbyes -before promising we would do this again but with Adam involved- I walked hand in hand with my parents and sighed happily.

"So.... What did you think about it?"

"Was very...."

"Inspirational," my mom ended and we all paused. "What?"

"Why was it inspirational?"

She shrugged. "I don't know. I guess just seeing them in love reminded me of the love we used to have before. I really want to feel like that again, but I don't know if I'll be able to do it."

"And why not?" This time, it was dad who spoke.

"It's been so long since I've loved, that I think I forgot how to. Yeah I know it's stupid but I haven't opened my heart to anyone else and I don't plan on doing it unless I'm one hundred percent sure this time."

"Will you at least give dad a chance? You got a short glimpse of what your future can look like, and it doesn't look that bad to me."

"No it doesn't," they both laughed together as we continued to walk. The silence was comfortable and very slowly, I started to distance myself away from them. At some point, I was standing five feet away from them and the space between them was slowly closing up. My eyes stayed glued to their moving hands and I almost squealed when they slightly brushed. I was ready to take matters into my own hands since these old people didn't know my patience when mom finally got the courage and closed up the space.

She sighed defeatedly and then looked at both of us without breaking pace. "Just one chance. If it fails, it's over. If it doesn't work, it doesn't work. Am I to be clear?"

"Ye-" I was about to say but stopped and froze at what I saw before my eyes.

Dad was kissing mom. And she wasn't running for the hills. It didn't last very long and when he realized what he had done, his eyes widened and his mouth popped open. "Juliet.... I am so sorry. I didn't mean to do that."