Happy Birthday Riley(13)

{One month later}

"Daddy!" Riley squealed as she ran into George's house, Asia had opened the door wide enough for her and Devin to walk through. George was back in the kitchen on the phone with his cousin. He smiled and stepped out into the hallway so that she could see him.

"Kris I have to go, Riley just got here. Show up whenever you and Jewel are ready." He said then hung up the phone.

"Daddy!" She yelled again, he knelt down on his knees then held his arms out to her. Her brown hair rested on her shoulders in big curls with a gold and silver headband. She wore white tights with a gold tutu, a black shirt that had the word five written on it in sparkly writing and paired it all off with sparkly gold flats.

"Wow you look beautiful sweetie!"

"Thank you daddy."

He leaned forward and gave her a big kiss on her cheek then lifted her up, wrapping his left arm around her legs to hold her to his chest. He glanced up to see Devin and Abby walking in with some plastic bags from Party City and Walmart. George was rather surprised to see Asia walk in with bags in her arms as well, though it did make him happy that Asia had offered to help them out.

"Tired yet?" He asked with a laugh. Devin smiled then walked past him to the kitchen and he followed behind her while Riley stared up at him with a wide smile. It was obvious to her that today she would have all of her daddy's attention.

"Slightly sluggish, but it's too early to take a rest now. My mom said that she'll be here around twelve thirty or one o'clock."

"Mike should be here around the same time too, he's picking up the cake." Abby added as she walked into the kitchen with some plates and plastic silver wear. "Also he's dying to meet you too George."

He raised a brow and turned back to Devin. "Who?"

"Our step-dad. You weren't around for my mom to divorce our dad." Devin explained hastily.

"Ah okay." He said and sat Riley down, she ran out of the kitchen towards the living room to try and find her presents.

"Only my parents are coming and a couple of my friends, my aunts and uncles canceled though." She told him as she pulled the party decorations from the bags. "They said that the plane tickets were a bit costly and some work events popped up."

"That's fine, most of my family are coming and the guys and their girlfriends. So either way Riley is going to be pretty spoiled today."

"Anymore bags?" Asia asked setting four more bags on the counter.

"Yes the rest are in the trunk, mostly presents now."

"I'll go grab them." George said with a smile then he walked out of the kitchen almost immediately. Devin shook her head and continued to unpack the bags, place the decorations on the table, and put out the cups and soda. Both her and Abby began to set up the cheese and cracker platters when Asia walked back in with napkins and a tub of fruit.

"I like your outfit Devin." She said once she had reached Devin's side, Devin smiled in response. She was wearing a simple white burnout v-neck shirt that revealed a little bit of her chest piece tattoo, black skinny jeans, and a pair of Vans. She had pulled her hair into a half up half down ponytail to where her new wood plugs were exposed. Her makeup was kept simple with a hint of gold eyeshadow, eyeliner, and a nude lipgloss.

"Thanks," she said with a confident smile. "Riley helped pick this out."

"Sounds like she could be the next big name at fashion week," Asia said jokingly. "What else do you need help with?"