Eyes On Fire(25)

As soon as Devin had gotten out the box of DVDs she dragged out an extra blanket to the couch. Her heart hammered in her chest, just the idea of having Sid spend the night while Riley was asleep in the other room had her mind and emotions going insane. Of course the original plan wasn't to have him spend the night it just turned out that way since he had lost his hotel room key.

"Okay breathe." She told herself for the third time as she took a seat on the couch. "It's just Sid."

As time went by she got bored and decided to hook up her phones Bluetooth to her portable speaker. The first song that she chose was Eyes On Fire by Blue Foundation. Once the words kicked in she found herself humming along and beginning to relax a bit more. By the time the song had ended the clock read 11:37pm. She sighed and sunk back into the couch, Maybe he's not coming after all.

Right as Devin was about to go to bed her phone began to buzz quietly in her pocket, Sid had texted her that he was right outside the door. She smiled to herself as she jumped up and walked over to the door. When she pulled it open she was met with an exhausted looking Sid. His hair was messy and pushed all over the place, a light purple was forming underneath his eyes, his shirt was slightly wrinkled, and he had his hands pushed deep into his jean pockets.

"Hey," Sid cracked a grin when he caught sight of Devin. "She asleep?"

"Yeah, come in." She stepped aside and held the door wider for him to step through. Gently she shut the door and followed him into the living room, he walked over to the box of DVDs and pulled out a random movie it in the player. Once the movie was playing he sat back down on the couch next to Devin and pulled her into his side, she curled up next to him almost instantly and pulled the blanket around them.

After the previews Devin pressed play on the remote and laid back on Sid's chest. She smiled to herself when he wrapped his arms around her and pulled her closer to him. A swarm of butterflies were set loose in her stomach, her face seemed to be set ablaze with heat the longer she laid there in his arms. His fingertips traced small circles and hearts on her shoulder and back, each time his fingers traced a new shape they moved lower down her body to where his hands finally came to rest on the small of her back. When his fingers danced against her bare skin it sent a shiver up her spine, causing her already reddened face to darken even more -as if it were possible.

"You okay?" He asked with a smirk, she nodded her head. "Want me to stop?"

"No." She replied a bit too quickly. "I mean, not yet at least."

He let out a soft laugh and shook his head at her, "You're too adorable."

"I guess so." She said with a shrug.

About halfway through the movie Sid was almost half asleep when he felt a small finger poke his cheek. When he opened his eyes he saw Riley smiling back at him. His stomach jumped into his throat as he realized that he still had Devin curled up on his lap, asleep.

"Riley what are you doing up?" He asked the little girl quietly.

"I thirsty, Sidney."

She replied just as quiet and pointed over at the small kitchen, he sighed and thought for moment on what to do. He didn't want to risk waking Devin by moving her, yet he still had to help Riley and put her back to bed.

"Okay, uhm do you know where your cup is?"

Riley nodded her head and ran back to her and Devin's bedroom then came back out with the cup. Sid leaned over the edge of the couch slightly and told Riley to open the fridge and grab a juice box from the door. When she came back she handed him the juice box and cup, carefully he held them out in front of him -and over Devin's back- and poured the juice into Riley's cup. Once he screwed the lid back on he gave Riley a goodnight kiss on her cheek and told her that she had to go back to bed.