Chapter One: The Nerd Who Said He'd Never Love

Author's note:

This is still set in Austrailia, I just don't know the schooling system. So bear with me. Thank you and enjoy!

Twitter: Bethj_97

Instagram: Bethlaurenj97

Luke's POV

So, this is last year of high school and then I have to decide whether I want to go to college or stay for sixth form. I have to make a decision pretty soon, but I'm still not sure what to do yet. I turned over in bed and looked at the digital clock on my bedside table, the numbers read 8:00 am.

"Oh gosh! I've got half an hour to get to school" I yelled down to my mum "Can I get a lift to school?"

She replied "Sure darling, hurry up and get ready or you're going to be late."

I got ready and then went to my desk and put all my homework and books I need into my backpack and rushed downstairs, the front door was open so that means mum is waiting for me in the car. I scurried over to the car and got in.

There was silence all the way to school until my mum said "Have a good day and me and your father won't be home tonight we are working late, we left money on the side for you, have a takeaway or something."

Working late again, doesn't suprise me, they seem to be working late all the time and never returning until the next day "okay mum, thanks for the ride, I must be heading off to class now"

"Okay hunni, love you." She shouts out the car.

"Thanks mum you too" I reply.

As I walk through the entrance, I spot someone at the door, oh great all I needed, Michael Clifford, the school's bad boy, he's always getting into trouble and he's a player. Any chance he gets he will annoy me.

"Oh look who we have here Cal?" Michael smirks (Cal is Calum, Michael's best friend also known as the other bad boy).

"Looks like nerdy boy is in a hurry to get to class" Calum laughs.

Great, just great, how do I get out of this one.

"I-I just erm... need to err... g-get to my locker" I stuttered, well done showing my fear. As I pushed past hopefully, they don't stop me as I run down the corridor to my locker and put the books I don't need into my locker. What's first lesson? Hmm.... Oh yes, English, the teacher put us where to sit and he put me to sit by Camilla.

I walked to class by myself, I don't really have any friends here but, as I made my way to class right outside the door was Michael, I rolled my eyes as he stopped me. "In a hurry to see your lover are we?" He stated.

"No, in a hurry to get to class, I will never fall for anyone." I make quite clear.

I mean what's the point in falling in love just to get your heart broken, man, I'm a right girl. Still, falling in love isn't something that I am going to do.

I made my way to my seat and sat down, I wonder where Camilla is, she isn't usually late. Why am I thinking about her? Argh! Stop!

Camilla's POV

Oh how fun another day of being on my own. Will my luck ever change.

I made my way into the school and was stopped by the headmaster. Great, guess this where my bad luck begins.

I am known as the nerdy girl of the school but it's not too bad as I hardly ever get noticed which in a way is perfect for me because I hate stressing out.

The nerdy boy is Luke Hemmings, gosh I've had a crush on that boy since the start of high school.

"Miss Jones?" The headmaster interrupts my thoughts.

"Yes sir?" I asked.

"There is a new girl joining the school today, I would like you to welcome her and show her around the school." He explained.

"Erm.. Sure." I agreed, but, I am no good with meeting new people, I mean what if she's the mean girl type, oh great well here we go, let's meet her.

"Camilla Jones this is the new girl Bethany Jones." He introduces me to her. She looks like a nice type of girl. She has glasses, long brown hair, brown eyes and is a bit taller than me.

"Hi, call me Cam, do you have your schedule?" I ask. She nods, as she passes me the piece of paper, she seems shy. " okay, we have every lesson together this should be fun." I showed her to her locker, which is right next to mine and she shoves her books in and gets what she needs.

She turns to me and asks me "Do you want to be friends?"

I replied "Sure, why not" She smiled, wow a friend. We walked to English, oh and I forgot that I sit by Luke. He never notices me, he always concentrates on his work and a rumour going round saying he'd never fall for a girl. I guess I could try and change that.

Anyway, Beth and I made our way to our seats until Mr.Gilbert stopped us "Camilla, go take a seat, and who are you?" He stops Beth.

She looks nervous and looks towards the full class, wow, Michael and Calum are in class today that's a change.

My attention goes back to Beth, still standing in front of the class, her face bright red as Mr. Gilbert interrupts her thought "Would you care to introduce yourself or are you going to stand there all day?" She giggled nervously and began introducing herself.