Prologue

A/N : this is my first book, so some of the plot is a little messy, and the writing may not be that great. Thanks for finding my book and deciding to give it a chance anyways ❤️

"Dude, hurry the fuck up, we're going to miss the bus!!" Luke yelled, calling after his bestfriend, Matt. Matt was carrying four duffel bags, two hanging by each of his shoulders and carrying the other two by hand. He didn't even look phased. He panted heavily, "I'm going, asshole! It's not my fault you took an hour to do your damn hair!" He gathered to say.

They ran until they reached twenty-seventh street, where the bus was thankfully just arriving. Grabbing their bags, they climbed on the bus, and finally sat down beside one another, panting recklessly. "Thank god. Alex will kill me if I'm late," Luke said as he placed his bag under his feet. Alex had been this new girl Luke was drooling over, just like every other girl, every single summer. He had met her at an internship at a kids summer camp in June, where Luke just attended to pick up chicks and to have something to put on his application for college. Mostly to pick up chicks.

Matt admired the way Luke was so casual around girls, he had always been that way. The cocky douche that got the girls. How cliche. He was tone, with sandy blonde hair and emerald green eyes. The thought made him roll his eyes in annoyance. Matt, on the other hand, was no ladies man. He hadn't had a girlfriend since ninth grade, and he was beginning his freshman year at college. It's not as if he hadn't met someone since then, he had once on vacation last summer in Louisiana, but he never knew her name. Much less anything else about her. Plus, he was too much of an asshole usually for anyone to actually take notice of him. He was shorter than most other guys at his school, around six foot, and somewhat tone. He had dull brown hair, and plain blue eyes. What a joke, he thought.

Suddenly, Matt saw a hand waving in front of his face, "Hello?? Did you go deaf all of a sudden?" Luke scoffed.

"What do you want?" He said annoyingly.

"You're going to meet her, right? I told her you would and I'm pretty sure she'll be all pissy if you don't, leaving me to deal with it." Luke said as he sat back in his seat, clearly annoyed also.

"I guess." It's not like he had a choice since she would be there when they got off the bus. After the internship had ended in the middle of July, Luke and Matt decided to go ahead and go on a senior trip right before school started to kick off the new year. They had been in Padre for two weeks, so of course the lovely couple were dying to see each other. The bus finally came to a stop after what seemed like an eternity, as Luke and Matt grabbed their bags and headed towards the door. Shortly after getting off the bus, Luke started to search for Alex.

Thank god. I was beginning to think if I had to be crammed up in that disgusting bus listening to him whine about Alex for one more minute, I'd-

And suddenly the world stopped. He stood as a statue in his tracks, as if he'd seen a ghost. There, about fifteen feet away, was the most beautiful girl Matt had ever seen, the one from Louisiana last summer. She had thick, long, wavy brown hair that came to her waist, and golden brown eyes. She was wearing a light blue summer dress with white sandals, making her tan skin look radiant. He couldn't even make out her face clearly enough yet, but he didn't need to. He knew. He had let her get away once, but he wasn't about to let that happen again. This girl was his. 

Luke suddenly started tugging at his arm, "Come on man, come meet Alex." Right. The girlfriend. Let's this get this over with already so I can get back to my girl. Matt followed Luke, annoyed. It was strange, he must've been taking him around the corner to see her. Then all of a sudden, the girl started waving to him & Luke.

What? She remembers me? But how?

Then Matt realized it, and his heart sank. Luke was leading them straight to the girl in the blue dress. Alex.

No.

❀❀❀

Hey everyone! :) I hoped you like this teaser, it's just sort of explaining the basics of everything and how things began.

Please comment and vote if you're interested for more of the story!

- Lo