Fourteen

Btw, I'm sorry if this book is badly written in any way as far as grammar or the format (idk), I'm sort of new to writing but I'm trying! Hope you guys are enjoying the story anyways.

I'm close to 100 comments so pleeeaaase type away your thoughts as you read

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

"There she is!" Brad gleams at me while standing up from the table he was seated at, embracing me in a hug.

"Sorry, I got, um, distracted," I nervously state as I take the seat across from him, hoping he doesn't notice my weird behavior.

He sips his coffee and looks up to me with his eyes questioning, "What's wrong?" Well shit. "Is it Matt?" He asks as he sips his coffee.

A waitress briefly interrupts as she takes me order, deciding just to order some tea to soothe myself.

On our way to the party last night, I filled Brad in a little bit at a time with the whole Luke and Matt situation, which I guess is one of the reasons I felt so comfortable talking to him more openly. He didn't make any snarky commentary or try to tease me about it. He didn't judge me like I knew others would.

I first vented to him about Matt, and our past. How we met last summer, fell in love and never really recovered. Or at least I haven't. How Bryan showed up and introduced me to his party lifestyle, leading me to my problems today. I didn't talk about Luke as much as I probably should've, but there was nothing to say. Luke was sweet and understanding about our disagreements as usual. Although he knows gruesome dating history with Bryan, he remains clueless about Matt and I.

I was even tempted to tell Brad about my father's passing, and how my demons have been lying in my wake ever since, but I decided against it at last minute. Who would want to hear about my awful life anyways?

"Yes and no. But I talked to him about everything, and we're good. He apologized for everything, and I told him I would try to forgive him as long as he didn't screw up again." The waitress comes back with my tea and I take a sip. Chai latte, my favorite.

Brad shoots me a disapproving glare as I sip, knowing I'm not gonna hear the end of this anytime soon.

"Well, I'd hope so. It's not like he didn't make out with your slut of a bestfriend right in front of you." Leave it to Brad to tell it to you straight. "Have you talked to her yet?"

I rolled my eyes at his question, not even wanting to think the subject or her. How could I even begin to talk to her about this? It's not like I can justify being jealous at her kissing someone I had feelings for, someone who wasn't my boyfriend.

"No. I don't even know what I'd say. Hell, she probably doesn't even know anything is wrong now that I think of it. She was too wasted to even care," I exclaim.

"Well, all I know is you've got to get your shit together before Luke gets back. Things are getting way out of hand and messy, and if it keeps up Luke will notice. Then you'll be screwed for sure."

We both sip our coffee, and I remain silent. I know he's right, everything's been slipping through my fingers lately and I have no idea what the hell I'm suppose to do about it.

I know Matt and I agreed to be friends, to put our past behind us. What if we can't manage? It's one thing to talk about moving on and another to actually do it within a week.

The rest of the time at the cafe with Brad is spent talking about meaningless things, and I actually learn some more about him. He has an older brother named Bryan, who's off traveling somewhere in Europe. Lucky bastard. He met Matt and Luke last year at a party and remained in touch ever since.