Five

*please vote and comment your thoughts and opinions! :)*
-
FYI : chapter six will be posted AFTER this chapter gets at least 30 reads! 
-

MATT

I leave the bathroom quickly as I finish wrapping my hand in the bandage. I look down at my hand as I do so, feeling as if it betrayed me without my knowledge.

How could I be so fucking stupid? How could I let this happen? I recall my earlier actions, gripping Alex's knee and nearly kissing her. I close my eyes at my thoughts and huff in frustration.

Just as I start to overthink even more so, Luke enters from the back door and strides towards me. Damn it.

"Hey, have you seen Alex? I haven't- whoa! Man, what the hell happened?" He says as he examines my face with his eyes.

"Dude, chill. This asshole showed up and decided to open his mouth is all." His eyes widen at my words.

"Yeah, Evelyn told me that Bryan showed up and that there was a fight, but I had no clue it was you! Man, you really gave his ass a beating," He says as he crosses his arms and laughs at my actions. What the hell is so funny, your lame ass deserves one too.

"Where were you anyways? You should've been the one dealing with Alex's dick of an ex, not me," I scoff.

Luke 's expression turns cold as he uncrosses his arms.

"Wait, Bryan is Alex's ex? Are you fucking kidding me!" He says and starts to pace around the room as his chest moves heavily up and down.

Did Alex not tell him about Bryan? Why was he freaking out?

"Yeah, you didn't know that?" This doesn't make one bit of sense.

"No, I fucking didn't! I would've been there!" He stops pacing and stills in front if me, his fists at his sides.

"Where were you then!" I say as I fling my hand up in anger.

"I, I had some business to take care of. Nothing major. Forget it." He walks away and walks towards the front door.

"You can lie to me all you want but you do you know that Alex is going to call you out on your bullshit, right?" He turns around and opens the door.

He looks back at me with a worried face and walks out the door, slamming it behind him.

Speaking of, where was Alex, anyways? If I find that fucking Bryan kid even close to her, he'll end up in the hospital for sure. Maybe even the morgue for all I care.

"Alex! Alex, where are you?" I yell as I search the living room and spare bedroom.

I reach for the door of the bedroom next to the spare, and slowly open it. I switch on the light and glance around the room.

"Matt? What the hell are you doing in here?" A sweet and raspy voice says from the large bed as she sits up on her elbows. Her hair is a bird's nest and her eyes are being drowned with exhaustion, but she still manages to look as beautiful as ever.

"Sorry, I just wanted to make sure that asshole actually left. Were you sleeping?" I ask as I lean against the door frame.

"Yes, you moron, I was sleeping." She says as she plops back onto her bed.

I walk over to her bed and sit down on the edge, hoping to not get cussed out by my actions. There's no telling what would come flying out of her mouth at this point. She stares daggers at me, but says nothing. Her tiresome expression makes me want to reach over and tuck her loose hair behind her ear, or even brush her cheek with my hand.