One

MATT

It felt as if someone had gave me a hard ass beating, my chest tightening and breath quickening.

As they approached Alex, Luke hugged her, "Hey babe, I missed you so much," He said softly.

Yeah, that's what you said last week with all those chicks hanging over you.

"I missed you too, more than you know. Who's this?" She said as she looked from Luke to me, warmly smiling. She looked innocent, too innocent for Luke.

What the hell? Who's this? Are you fucking kidding me? She must be joking.

Luke grabbed me by the shoulder, "This is Matt, the guy I've told you about. My bestfriend," he said looking at me like the jackass he was.

Alex placed her hand to her head in frustration, "Oh, right!! I'm so sorry, I don't know where my mind went. I'm Alex. It's nice to meet you." She said as she held out her hand.

I took her hand and and shook it, feeling the heat rising to my cheeks, "I'm obviously Matt. Nice to meet you too. I've heard a lot about you." Yeah, last summer.

She looked nervously from me to Luke, as if she were trying to avoid me completely. Maybe she did recognize me after all. Thought so.

"Well, we should get going. My parents are waiting on us at my house to start the barbecue." Alex said with gleaming eyes. I'd forgotten how her eyes looked like honey in the sunlight.

"Oh yeah, that's right! Matt, you wouldn't mind meeting Alex's parents and eating with us right?" Luke said with his eyes nearly bulging from their socks. "Right?" He repeated, growing impatient.

"Sure, no problem. I'd love to meet them." I said with a the fakest smile I could come up with.

We started to head towards Alex's car, Alex and Luke hand in hand, while I awkwardly walked behind.

Sure, I'd love to meet your parents for the second time so they could recognize me and tell Luke of our past. What could possibly go fucking wrong?

During the car ride to her house, I only stared out the window, thinking of how the hell Alex & Luke could've ended up side by side. Luke was the biggest asshole that I knew, and by the looks of it, Alex had no idea. It's not even my business anyways, I need to stop acting like a pussy. When we finally arrived after God knows how long, we lingered by the car until we made our way to her door, until Alex's voice breaks out.

"Oh hey, wait! I forgot a few things for the barbecue in the trunk! Matt, would you mind helping out?" Alex said sweetly, in an almost annoying way. What the fuck did I do to end up in this situation.

I confusingly looked at Luke, "Uh, sure," I said while shrugging my shoulders. Anything to get me away from facing this mess.

"Are you sure I can't help babe?" Luke looked just as confused as I was.

"Yeah, go help set up, we'll be fine!" Alone with Alex? This should be interesting.

Luke shrugged his shoulders and headed inside, while I walked towards Alex, with no idea what was about to happen next.

I walked up beside Alex, as she was grabbing things to carry, and she suddenly turned to me with her hand on her hip.

Her eyes once kind, were now scary, "Okay. We need to talk. Now," She said as she gleamed at me.

Fuck.

-

Sorry this chapter is a little shorter, it's sort of a filler chapter, but some good stuff is coming!

Please vote if you like it so far!

- Lo