Six

*don't forget to vote and comment my loves!*

-

MATT

I wake to the sound of the smell of pancakes filling my nostrils, making my stomach twist in hunger. I check my phone to find that it's already ten a.m., and decide to check for any missed calls or texts from Luke. God knows where he is now, or what he's done.

I rise from the bed and attempt to fix it until I ultimately give up. Cleaning is not my thing and never will be. I walk into the kitchen, not bothering to wear a shirt, since I went to bed with icicles hanging from the ceiling to wake up in a sauna. Damn women changing the temperature as fast as their mood swings.

I take a seat at the bar to see Evelyn standing at the stovetop, tending to the pancakes at work. She turns around to grab some more mix to find me sitting at the bar, clearly taken back by my exposed chest.

"Well someone's been hauling ass at the gym since last summer." She laughs while walking back over to the stovetop.

"Last summer? You actually remember me? I don't even remember meeting you back then, honestly," I say with guilt.

"Honey, of course I remember you. Alex wouldn't sh-"

"Alex wouldn't what?" Alex says as she walks up to find a seat on a bar stool next to me.

Evelyn's eyes go wide and she turns back to the stove as if nothing was said. What was she talking about? Alex wouldn't what?

As Alex sits beside me, I can't help but scan her body. Good god she is hot. She's wearing pink shorts that almost show her ass, and a white tank top that makes everything about her glow and make her look radiant. She flashes her brilliant white smile at me and I then realize she's actually saying something.

"Hello? Are you still in there, Mr. Hulk?" She laughs and turns her body to face me. She's not exactly fucking helping my situation at all.

"Hulk?"

"Your bandaid above your eyebrow has him on it. Plus you're obviously buff and shirtless just like he usually is," She says with a sweet grin.

"Well I'm sorry that it was eighty degrees when I woke up and it was getting too hot so I had to take it off," I say as I turn my body towards Evelyn.

"I'm not," She says so quietly she doesn't think I catch it.

I turn my head towards her, and catch her flushed with embarrassment. I choose not to say or do anything, just give her a warm glance to let her know that it's not a big deal. I guess it didn't help much, since she quickly stands up and heads towards her bedroom without a word.

"Where did Alex run off to?" Evelyn asks as she continues to slave over the pancakes.

"Oh, I think she went to the bathroom, she looked a bit feverish." I smile at my own sarcasm.

-

ALEX

I'm not. The words repeat in my mind over and over as I go to sit on my bed. What the hell is the matter with me? You are with Luke, Matt's bestfriend. Not Matt.