Seven

*comment your thoughts as you read!*

-

"What are you talking about?" I said with my eyes going wide.

Luke looked at the floor and rested his hands in front of him, playing with his rings as he usually does when he's nervous. "I know I just got back from Cancun with Matt, but I have to fly up to California. It's for a funeral, my cousin Sam died this morning in his sleep," He said as a tear rolled down his cheek.

Unlike Bryan and his mom, Luke had always been close with Sam and his sisters. They never got to spend as much time with them as they liked, but they often visited for holidays or just for vacation. This is the first time the occasion was for a funeral.

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry Luke. Of course you have to go, I'm just upset I can't be there to support you," I say as I rub circles on his back. "When do you leave?"

"First thing tomorrow morning. I'll be gone a week, so I'll be back next Sunday," He says while looking down at his hands still.

"I'm so sorry this happened. Sam was amazing. And so are you, so I know you will pull through this. It'll be okay," I say as I soothe him and rest my head on his shoulder.

He sighs heavily and looks at me. "Thank you. You're amazing, I hope you know that. I'm so lucky to have you." He says as he pulls me into a hug.

"Can you stay for the night?" I whisper into his ear.

"Of course. I'll just have to leave early tomorrow to go grab some clothes from my apartment and pack. Do you know if Matt is there?" Luke and Matt had moved into an apartment together right after we graduated, since they were going to the same college. The same college I was happening to go to also.

"No, he's been staying here at my mom's. I don't know where he is now though," I say as we separate from the hug and hold hands.

He smiles a sleepy smile, making him look even more adorable. "Oh well. It's you I wanted to spend time with anyways. What movie should we watch?" He says as we lean into eachother and scans Netflix through my Apple TV.

-

We ended up falling asleep while watching 'Comet', an amazing romantic story looking at a couple through different periods throughout their relationship.

I wake up to an empty bed, and a note on my nightstand. I read the note and the words make me smile.

'Hey A, I wish I could stay but we have to head out pretty soon and I didn't want to wake you. I'll be back before you know it, I miss you already. Love you.
XO, Luke.'

All of a sudden, my phone lights up with Ashley's name. I slide the green button and press the phone to my ear.

"You hoe! You never called me back last night! What the hell is up?!" She practically yelled.

"Oh my god, I completely forgot. So much has happened, Luke and I fell asleep watching a movie and I just woke up," I say.

"Watching a movie my ass. Netflix and chill, huh?" She laughs. "Well I called you anyways to tell you there's a party tonight and we have to go! And yes, Alex, you're going." It's as if she's reading my mind.

I huff and roll my eyes at her sass. "Why? Haven't we been to a dozen already?" I scoff.

"Well the guy I've been eyeing invited me and I can't go alone so make it a dozen and one," She protests.