Four

Years later...

So Eun

It's been years since I've talked a little about my last highschool days. I've moved up to college after that. I took a course in management and business stuff. I also began to realize the job I wanted. I really wanted to be a manager at an entertainment agency in Korea.

I still loved kpop, although I guess I got busy with alot of things that sometimes I forgot of Monsta X.

I made it successfully through college, and graduated as cumlaude. Effort surely never betrays. I worked really hard to graduate with a great achievement.

I am now 20 yrs old. Well, my birthday is still far before I turn 21, that's why.

Through the years, mom began to accept my dream.

...

I went to the airport waiting for my flight to Korea. Finally! My mom, Jae, and John were with me.

"So Eun-ah, don't forget the things I told you! They will help as you stay in Korea. Always be safe, and do a good job. Being independent will be hard. Just keep in touch with us. I know Korea is unfamiliar to you." mom said.

"Ne, eomma arasseo." I said

"Sweetie, always contact me okay? I'll miss you so much. Tell me when you have fulfilled your dreams!" John said.

"Haha! Okay then fine. Ill miss you all!!" I said before I had to go in now.

I hugged all of them tightly before I went in. The airplane I'll be riding will almost be near. I felt sad and lonely but that's life right? I wanted this from the start so I have to stay true to this. I have to become independent for me to grow and learn.

...

We passengers have to come inside the airplane now. I looked at the US airport for the last time and went without looking back. I can't believe it. I'm going to Korea!!!

I didn't have much to worry because I learned very well of what to expect there. I have things settled, and I have someone who will make me stay there in their place for awhile at Korea.

So, I relaxed and slept the whole flight away.

.....

Oh my... it did really take long to reach Korea! When I arrived at the Incheon Airport, I looked around in awe.

"Omo, I feel so small. Whoops, I wanna go back and fly back again to US. I already miss my family." I felt the thrill of being alone in a foreign place.

I sat down for awhile and tried to contact my mom.

"Eomma.. I miss you! I'm here!" I said. "You miss me already?!" mom teased. "Wae? Don't you miss me?" I pouted. "Haha, of course I do..." mom said.

There was a moment of silence between the two of us when mom began to speak again. I was touched when she said she missed me. I wanted to hug her but I can't.

"So Eun-ah, you can do it. I trust in you. You can achieve your dreams." She assured me.

I teared up but didn't make it obvious.

"Ne eomma. Ill do my best here. Ill make you proud of what I will earn." I said trying not to sound like I was already sobbing.

We then hung up. I walked around and found the person who will guide me here in Korea. She was a girl who was also in her 20's.

Jinhee

I came to the airport not so long ago, then I eventually found her. I came closer towards the girl and asked.

"Hi, are you Ms. Park So Eun?" I approached her.

"Oh, yes I am. Are you Lee Jinhee? The one who will help me here?" she asked.

"Yes! Come, lets go." I guided her.

We entered the cab and I directed the driver to where we were going. I looked at So Eun beside me and examined her.

She looked nice and smart. She would be considered prettier than average here in Korea, too. She couldn't speak Korean well, and that's why I'm here because I know English.

We arrived at my condo and entered our room. I helped her with her things and motioned her to come in.

"Wah, your place is clean and nice. It's really good and fit for the two of us." She smiled.

"Thank you!" I said.

"Unnie, I'm tired.. Can I skip dinner and go rest please?" she asked.

"Sure, your room is there. Go and rest now." I said.

So Eun

It has been a long tiring flight. I'm glad I could rest now. I washed up and changed to fresh clothes. I then laid myself on the bed to sleep. I hope I'll have good luck here in Korea.

I'm looking forward to my next days.