Forty One

I.M

My tears dried up on their own. When So Eun left, my manager came and finally found me.

Alot of people have already taken some pics and videos of what just happened so I'm thankful my manager took care of those people and threatened each one of them not to spread it but delete instead.

"Ya! Where have you been?!" My members and manager have been scolding me for disappearing.

"Guys, it looks like he just cried. It must have been serious, let's leave him be right now." Kihyun nagged at the others.

"You'll be alright Changkyun." He then patted me.

"The van is here. Everyone get in." Our manager called us.

We all one by one got in the car and sat on our own chairs.

I kept silent to think over some things on my own. I didn't want to be bothered right now.

Suddenly, I remembered my phone. I immediately did not plan to miss this moment again so I took out my phone out and turned it on anticipating new things that might welcome me.

As soon as I finally opened it, lots of new messages have greeted me and one of those are from So Eun. My heart broke seeing her leaving me messages that I have ignored.

I slowly clicked on our chat and read the messages she sent me while I was away.

"Oppa~"

................

"Bogoshipdaaa"

.................

"Oppa, Im not okay, please reply to me if you can.."

..................

"Oppa we have a problem.. Do you know about it? Or are you really busy working?"

::Open link::

....................

"Im getting jealous... Monbebes are your priority now ayy? ㅋㅋㅋ"

....................

These first batch of messages were sent on the same time. She must've really wanted to talk to me.

However, the fourth message caught my attention. I opened the link that she sent along with it and to my surprise, it was a news about us.

"No way... So Eun-ah, mianhae." My eyes widened and I was shocked.

I was in disbelief seeing the article. Dispatch caught us during that last night we spent together. There were pictures of us and I'm sure Koreaboo, Allkpop, Soompi and others have covered these already.

I felt so sorry and guilty I wasn't able to protect her that night from the media. I was foolish and careless enough which led to this. We both have been exposed and I guess it was awful for her facing the judgement of other people.

In the back of my head, my thoughts were all screaming "Sorry Soeun-ah." I didn't know anything else but I was in deep regret.

..........................

"You must be so busy..."

..........................

She sent another text message minutes later.

I scrolled down and I saw her last message to me which was sent an hour after that same night.

"Changkyun-ah saranghae. I love you forever and always... Goodbye."

And that was it. The end of our conversation. She sent it days ago and never bothered me again. Deep inside I was so regretful and I was hurting. I hated myself and I hated everything.

Now that we're over, I feel like rewinding things and getting her back again. It makes me feel like dropping my dream as well but I know she wouldn't be happy if I did it.

I know she will try to move on. I should move on too.

.................

So Eun

I fell asleep during the whole flight since I was emotionally exhausted and also tired from staying up on air for hours.

I finally arrived at the U.S airport. Once again I'm back. Once again, I'm home.

I was still a bit drowsy and I was trying hard to stay awake to fight off the jet lag.

I waited for my things and as soon as I saw them, I made my way to take them. I then started walking and walking outside to get me some vehicle to ride home.

I understood Jae was in the hospital guiding mom so he couldn't accompany me right now.

I sat down on a corner, feeling cold. I could wait for the taxi a little bit later so I made way to grab my phone after a while again.

New message!

I saw a new message so I opened it seeing it was from Changkyun.

There I saw my last message to him.

"Changkyun-ah saranghae. I love you forever and always... Goodbye." -7 days ago

"Yeah. Keurae... goodbye So Eun-ssi."- Yesterday

Sigh

I sighed deeply upon seeing his last reply to me. He emphasized the goodbye I said on my message. But the thing that made my heart heavy was him referring to me as "ssi". I guess its time to cut the association between us.

I stood up and grabbed my luggage, moving forward as I spotted taxi. It was a long day and a long heavy week for me. I need to refresh and rest myself the most.