Thirty Eight

So Eun

I stayed at the office today instead as I was tasked to get the schedules for WJSN. I couldn't accompany them anywhere or else I might spark the interest of people. I might as well would want to avoid that too.

"Arasseo.. ne.. kamsahamnida!" I made a call to the people who were giving an offer to WJSN and I jotted it all down.

I afterwards got some free time to myself so I began to think of everything.

Sigh. I just boldly told the CEO that Ill resign myself. Was I even thinking right? I hope I wouldn't regret this decision.

..............

I was done with today's work so I went home. I rode the taxi as usual and checked my phone.

"Why am I still not getting any message from him?" I blurted out.

"Yes miss?" The driver asked.

"Oh.. no.. I'm sorry hehe." I apologized.

Deep inside I was really worrying. I'm starting to doubt I.M. Maybe it's best if I do leave for my mother instead. I would be able to see my family again and I wouldn't bother Changkyun's idol life here.

I got off and arrived at Jinhee unni's place.

"I'm home!" I said.

"Ne..." Jinhee answered.

I immediately chose to enter my room and rest.

I opened the door and went inside. I put my things down and sat down on my bed.

"Ugh... I can finally rest." I spoke.

I took a warm bath afterwards and changed my clothes.

I went to my small table and sat down. I took a piece of paper and started writing a draft for my resignation letter.

"This is it..." I say.

I paused and noticed the shopping bag beside me. It was the couple shirts I bought for me and Changkyun.

I smiled for a moment before my face started to grow sad again. I look at the paper infront of me.

"Oh well..."

I decided to brush off my thoughts and to continue writing instead. I've made my decision. I have to be firm about it.

I finished writing minutes and minutes later. I took out my phone and called Jae.

"Noona?" He said.

"Jae...."

"What?" He asked.

"..... Ill be coming home very soon." I said smiling.

"Jinjja?" He was surprised.

"Ne..." I smiled.

We conversed for a few minutes more regarding it and afterwards we ended the call. I took the letter I wrote and put it aside.

I went outside my room and approached Jinhee unnie.

"Unnie.. I have to tell you something." I said.

"Yes?" She asked and we both sat down together.

"Unnie.. Ill be resigning from my work. I talked about it to my brother awhile ago and we will fix my flight." I said.

"Flight? Are you going home to the U.S?" She asked.

"Ne unnie... I am." I said.

"Aww... I'm gonna miss you so much!! But why? Why are you leaving me?" She asked.

I smiled before I answered.

"I have to attend to my sick mother. And also... because of the articles and pictures from Dispatch. I can't work any longer in Starship so maybe I should go home, prioritize over other things." I said.

"What? Really? Oh my..." She reacted.

"So... Now that you know. Ill be going back to my room now." I spoke.

"Okay. Goodnight." She nodded still sad from my announcement.

"Goodnight." I said.

I went in my room and closed the door behind me as I breathed deeply.

Leaving Korea isn't easy after I made my dreams come true here. But things just came out like this, I couldn't help it.

I took my phone and decided to try contacting the others in Monsta X instead since Changkyun's number won't do.

I pressed Kihyun oppa's number on my phone to call him.

A minute later, he picked up.

"Yeoboseyo?" He asked in a tired voice.

I got quite excited that he actually answered me and I heard his voice.

"Kihyun oppa~" I said in a sad missing voice.

"Uh... yes So Eun?" I could tell he was tired. His voice was worn out but he tried to be nice to me.

"Oppa, I missed you all! How are you?" I asked.

"We're fine... Just working." He answered.

"Where are you all now?" I asked.

"Who's that?" I can hear other voices beside him.

"Jamkkan, I'm putting you on loudspeaker So Eun." Kihyun said.

"So Eun!!!!" I heard other members' voices.

"Oh? Haha annyeong! Kihyun oppa who's there?" I asked excited.

"Jooheon, Minhyuk, and Wonho." He answered.

"Ohhh.." I said.

"Annyeong So Eun-ah!! We miss you!!" I heard Minhyuk.

"Yeah, how are you? Are you eating well?" Wonho asked me like how he usually does to Monbebes. Pshhhh haha...

"I'm alright." I answered.

"We're at China right now." Kihyun oppa said.

"Huh? I thought you were at Japan?" I asked.

"Yes, last time we were and now we had another flight here to China again. We will be staying here for this week so we still won't be coming home there." Kihyun answered.

"We were so busy!! We didn't have time for other things and I'm so tired!" Jooheon ranted.

"Ohhh... Take care of your health though, oppas!" I reminded.

So they were busy, no wonder I.M couldn't reply to me. I understand him more now, I bet he's also tired like these guys.

"How are the others?" I asked.

"The rest are all sleeping." Wonho answered.

"Knockout!" I heard Minhyuk say.

Aww Changkyun is dead asleep. Poor boy.

"Okay. I just wanted to check on you guys." I said.

"Yes~" I heard them all.

"Then.. I'll say goodbye now!" I said.

"Okay, byeee~" They all said in unison.

Goodbye....

...............

hi hello annyeong!

good evening and good night!
I updated before I will sleep tight!

I love you guys and I hope this chapter is alright! ㅇㅅㅇ

lol I'm trying to rhyme here.

Anyways, vote and comment~

Bye bye <3