Part 20

Steve's P.O.V

I ran in as Percy started to fall out of his chair. he was then suspended in the air quite a bit rising and falling, he was gasping for breath struggling. I ran in as he fell to the floor gasping I picked him up as he started to scream.

" Elaine." He gasped his voice rasping." Dieing....Find.....her...."

then he went still after a few minuets he started screaming no longer gasping for air but trying to expel it. It all happened at once I screamed at Tony the information I got from Percy, then the pipes broke sending water flooding over us He kept screaming as I held him close. I smelt blood looking down he was coughing it up blood seeking out of his back arms legs and chest. his neck started to turn red and after a few seconds a rope burn was visible as if he had tried to hang himself. I was using all mow power to get to the door the water trying to push me back. I got to the door and broke it down.

Percy was shaking violently his screams some how echoed threw the water filled room. I rampage threw the halls and into a cell. I set him down on the floor panting and shaking from the cold. Percy was socked to the bone shaking violently screaming. I just hope Bruce can find us in all this mess. I held Percy close one more for heat.

TONY P.O.V

" Find Elaine!" Steve had told me as the room exploded." NOW!"

I ran into my suit and blasted off and out. I was now in the middle of New York on a hill side. It was dark I have been searching for a while now. I started walking again saving power for the flight back to my tower. I am skeptical I don't think Elaine is here I don't know why Steve want's me to find her maybe it was an order from Fury or maybe it was an emergency. I don't exactly know.

Suddenly a hellful scream fills the air. I could sense fear in that scream as well as desperation and pain. I started to run. I ran towards the screams. I saw then what I had hoped I would never have to see...ever. THere was Elaine swinging from the tree a rope around her neck and tree big buff people were pulling her up Elaine screamed once more as a knife was thrown into her gut. Her adoptive family was on the ground at their feet dead.

I lashed out I ran at the men they never saw me until it was too late. They started to fight back one swung their leg under mine only to break their own. I threw a few punches. Lef,t right hook. I blasted a few in the chest and then the hard part, getting Elaine down. Distracted I flew up and cut her free she landed in my arms. SHe looked up her eyes full of pain.

" No," She gasped." Set...me....free.....please." I shook my head. My thrusters guided us to the tower.

" WE can save you." I argued. I looked her in the eyes. I realized why she said what she did. She was afraid. She wanted to die for all the pain she caused and others caused themselves. She was afraid and she wanted out. Before something horrible happened.

" I'll set you free I promise, but in a different way." I muttered. I wanted to help her, she was afraid and she was too young. Too young to have gone through what she has. I was going to erase her memories replace the with new ones then stage a family or something.

Elaine screamed suddenly making me drop her. She fell a hundred feet screaming she was clawing at her eyes screaming in pain. It made me very sad and scared. I dove after her screaming her name.

" Hold in ELAINE!" I screamed. She looked up at me I could clearly see golden orbs glistening on her cheeks...tears. I swooped down grasping her arms. I turned and flew to the tower. I layed her down on a bed and started working on her wounds. They were all infected and she could die from them. As I worked with her I started planning this machine. S.H.I.E.L.D has one it erases certain memories. In my brain I built it every piece in tact. Elaine was now passed out from pain so I took that time to start building.