22. Studying

Wednesday

"I still don't understand this shit!" Stiles groans, sliding off of the couch. They'd been staring at the calculus book for almost two hours and both of them desperately needed a break.
"Come on, it's not that hard." Lydia sinks down on the floor next to him. He groans again.
"Easy for you to say! You're intelligent and beautiful and know everything about anything. You're soooooo smart an–" Lydia cuts off the compliments with a short kiss, a noise of appreciation escaping Stiles' throat.

"I like where this is going." He leans in for another but Lydia pulls back just out of his reach. She quirks a brow as his face twists with confusion.
She sighs. "Three more problems." She caves and Stiles hurriedly hops back on the couch. It took a while, ten more minutes, and Lydia insisted she thoroughly check his answers and to her amazement, they were all correct.

"You forgot a square root here." She points to the third equation. Stiles hums. "Baby you can square my root any day."
Lydia snickers, letting out a laugh as she sets his work back in the textbook.
"That doesn't even make sense." She chuckles but soon realizes it doesn't really matter. Stiles moves forward in his place causing Lydia to fall back as he hovers over her small frame.

Slow. Constantly he had to remind himself to be slow and gentle with his fragile girl. With slight hesitation, he sets his lips on hers in a kiss so soft it was almost the complete opposite, like sharp thorns when they connected. One hand held himself up while the other remained on her waist, his thumb slipping under the material of her shirt. All of her nerves were focused on that one finger. That one single finger that told her he knew that was her limit.

Lydia pulled back slightly and Stiles' face held immediate concern. Had he screwed up again.
"We should get back to studying." She smiles as Stiles drops his head with a groan of protest.
"I just finished like fifty factorials!" He complains, pecking at her neck. "Can't we just make out?"
Lydia gives a stern look. "Please?" He makes a puppy face and Lydia shakes her head as much as she doesn't want to. "Please, please, please?!" Stiles begs and places a kiss on her face with each word causing her to laugh while attempting to push him away. He doesn't stop until she's clutching her stomach with a cheek-hurting grin. Because the second best thing to kissing Lydia was making her laugh.
|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

The night was peaceful and the world was dim as Lydia sat on the large window sill in their living room. The lights were low making her hair erupt into a flame from the setting sun and while her eyes were glued to the rain falling outside, Stiles' were set on her. Never would he get over this girl. Her curls fell over her shoulders where one side of her blue jacket slipped down to reveal the tanned skin beneath her tank top. The skinny jeans she wore were older than most of the books under Stiles bed, ripped in some places with blue stitches where holes had been wore and memories made.

"I want to go outside." Lydia's voice was soft and almost inaudible but he catches it. He looks to her with surprise.
"It's raining." He states the obvious. A smile spreads across her face.
"I know." And within seconds she's on her feet, throwing the door open before bounding down the stairs towards the sidewalk below. Stiles shakes his head before slowly following after her and he imagined himself always doing that: following Lydia anywhere.

He stays under the protection of the complex's metal roofing, where he was dry. She was so goddamn happy in that moment. Lifting her head to the sky, Lydia closed her eyes and held out her arms, feeling every single drop of rain hit her skin. She was soaked in moments but it only made her laugh as she peeled the jacket from her shoulders and threw it to the ground. Lowering her head to normal view, she spots Stiles leaning against the brick wall with interest and she motions for him to join her.

And of course, he does.

Slowly he makes his way towards the girl and he stops about three feet away, the rain coming down extremely hard by now.
"M'lady." He bows, offering her a hand causing her to laugh and curtsey in return.
"This kind of stuff is reserved specifically for Nicholas Sparks books." Lydia grins, brushing hair behind her ears.
"Shut up, you love Nicholas Sparks."
With that, Lydia takes his hand and he twirls her around.

It was cheesy as shit but they didn't care, dancing out in the rain while humming an old ballroom tune that never really existed. One twirl gone wrong and Lydia falls to the ground with a shriek as she lands in a mud puddle. Stiles starts to laugh but quickly regrets it as mud gets thrown on his face. He raises his brows and Lydia screams, struggling to get up as he joins her on the ground and a mud fight ensues.
|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Authors note:

Have you ever seen the movie "Flowers In The Attic"? NO? GO GO NOW MY CHILD LIVE!!!!

Oh and start the countdown! 3 more chapters until bad things happen....
Comment, read, enjoy!
-Chloe