Chapter 26 - Locked Mind-doors, Recall-runes, And Doves.

I'm so freaking sorry!!! I have so much going on right now, so I haven't had time to write!! I'm so sorry!! My school have started again, and we've got so much homework!! And then I've been to a summer-party, and I should to the premiere on City Of Bones!! It was so good!! Well, back to the story, hope you like it!! I'm sorry if there's any mistakes or spelling errors!! Haven't had time to read it through... But enjoy!! And remember to vote!! And i always appreciate when you write what you think of my story!!–Clara

I reach out for Clary’s mind with mine. There are some hard barriers around, but it softens as I get closer. Finally I’m in. Inside, there’s a lot stranger than I had expected. Unlike Caleb’s, Clary’s mind is a huge room, all white and gold. Her ‘thought-posters’ are filled with runes, changing from one to another, some also with other shadowhunters including Jace and a fair-haired boy with eyes as black as nothing.

A special rune shows on one of the posters. Suddenly I understand the meaning of all the others. There’s some, which is not fully done, others changing from one to another. I wander through the runes, learning what they stand for. Finally I reach the end of Clary’s mind. And there’s the locked room! I walk over to it and pull in the doorknob. The lock rattles a bit. I think I can open it.

‘Clary?’ I think out in her mind. She doesn’t answer. ‘Just think what you want to say.’ I tell her. ‘Can you hear me?’ She think-asks. ‘Yes,. Do you want me to try to open to your memories?’ Silence. I can see on the room that she considers the idea. ‘Try. But stop if I say.’ She says. ‘Okay.’ I pull in the lock. It’s giving a little. I summon a little energy to burst it. After a moment of heating it, it finally breaks. ‘I did it!’ I tell Clary and open the door.

The memories inside burst out and knock me over. I snap back to my own head and open my eyes. Clary sits and stares out in the air, seeing her old, unlocked memories. Jace stands beside her with a worried expression. ”Don’t worry Jace. I got the room unlocked. It takes time to see all her memories through.” I tell him.

He nods. Finally Clary blinks and gives me a huge smile. “It worked! I can remember everything now!” She grins to Jace and Isabelle. Suddenly she gives me a hug. “Thank you, Flame! Thank you, thank you, thank you!” I laugh. “You’re welcome.” I say. When she releases me, she looks from Caleb to me. “So, was it the same as Caleb’s?” She asks. I nod.

She gets a thinking look. “Well, I think we can help Caleb, then. A warlock called Magnus helped me to speed up my lost memories comeback. I think we can do the same to you…” She says, the last directed to Caleb. He gives a single nod. “But I think we must get out of here now. We can’t have anyone seeing us here.” He says and together we all leave the room.

Alec waits inside the house at the TV with Sasha and Nate. “You found anything?” He asks. “Yes, we’ve sent an email to Plutarch. We must just wait for a reply.” Isabelle says, sitting down in the couch with him. Sasha and Nate zap through the channels. “There’s nothing worth seeing right now… The tributes are first going into the arena tomorrow.” Sasha tells us.

I sit down and lay my arm around her. “We’ll save them before anything happens.” I tell her. She gives me a sad smile. Clary senses the mood and decides to change subject. “Well, Caleb, come here. Anyone who knows if there’s any paper here?” She asks. Isabelle hands her some. “Can I borrow your stele too?” Clary asks her. Isabelle gives it to her.

Clary starts drawing on the paper. Caleb looks curiously over her shoulder. When she’s done, she hands the paper to him. “Here, just look at it until you feel something changing inside your mind, like at lock opening or something.” She says. Caleb nods and stares at the paper.