Dinner with the family

Chapter twenty.

The three of us were driving to the restaurant occasionally singing along to a song on the radio. Niall pulled up and parked next to my dad's truck. When we walked in we saw Maura and my dad stand up, and wave is over. Niall sat on his moms right side while my dad was on her left. Harry and I were sitting across the table, me on his left side, "are you guys coming home tonight?" I asked Maura and my dad. Honestly, I couldn't remember the last time this month I said goodnight to my dad before going to bed. He always got home really late, or slept at a hotel.

"Yes, we'll be there tonight." He said emotionlessly. Weird, I though to myself. Harry's left hand was on my right thigh drawing circles and other shapes lightly. I blushed a little and continued the conversation.

"So, dad were are you going on your honeymoon?" I asked playing with the straw bobbing out of my water glass.

"Hawaii," He said with a slight smile. What the fuck is wrong with him? Is he having second thoughts? He cleared this throat, "Maura wants to go shopping with you after school."

"Okay, cool." I said shrugging. Leaning a little bit into Harry, "dad, can I talk to you." I asked sternly but it ended up sounding like a statement.

"Yeah, sure," He said erring up following me to the little hallway between the restrooms, "what's up?"

"What the hell was that? Are you not excited for your wedding?" I quickly impersonated him and how he reacted during our conversation. He let out a small chuckle causing me to, also.

"Of course I am, it's jut that you and Harry remind me of your mother and I. Young love, I met her around your age we truly loved each other. And I can see the same thing in your eyes when you look at Harry." When he was done ranting about me and Harry I gave him a hug. We walked back to our table and our food was there. I ordered a salad.

After stabbing my lettuce I started eating. Truly, I wasn't that hungry since I had all that shit at the movies. When I was done we all got desert. Harry and I shared this chocolate cake that was super rich, and delicious. Sadly, it was going into seven thirty, and the boys flight was at right thirty.

"It was nice seeing you again, Maura, Mr. Bowen." Harry said before getting up.

"Call me James." My dad quietly shouted as Niall, Harry, and I headed for the door.

~~

"Bye big brother." I said hugging Niall. A wide smile formed on his lips, he loved it when I called him my big brother. Don't ask me why. Next, I hugged Harry. He pecked my lips before pulling me even closer towards him. I could tell he didn't want to let go of me, "I'll see you later. I love you." I said smiling.

"I love you too," Harry said kissing me again, "I'll miss you more." And with that they were off. They soon disappeared, and I headed back towards my car. It isn't very safe A/N: my mum actually told me this, i don't know why, but what the hell) I slipped my heels off my feet, and started driving back to my house.

~~

When I got home I went straight to my room so I could change. I traded my mid thigh red long sleeve dress for a pair of yoga pants and one of Harry's shirts he left behind. I heard a faint knock on my door and turned down my music. I cracked over my door and saw my dad.

He was now sitting on my bed while I was at my desk on the computer, "I like Harry," He said bluntly.

"Okay?" I asked wondering why he wanted to tell me this.

"So, when we are in Hawaii I want you to stay with either Niall or Harry in England, it's during your mid semester break, so you can choose." He says.

"Okay?" For some reason everything I said came out as a question, and I was really confused.

"Goodnight!" He said before he left my room closing my white door behind him. I went back to my computer and typed the paper my classmate, Bella told me was due tomorrow.

---------------------------------------

Sorry, it's really short. The next chapter will be Maura and Lena shopping and then the second chapter after this one is the wedding day. So i'm skipping like a month after the next chapter. Just so you know.

Vote

Comment

Fan

-🇬🇧🇺🇸xx