Shop til you drop

Chapter twenty one.

Maura insisted on picking me up from school, so when I saw her black range rover in the parking lot I hopped in. She told me nothing about what we were going to be doing other than shopping so I just turned up the radio and sang along,

"I'm still alive but i'm barely barely breathing. Jut pray to a god that I don't believe in 'cause I got time while she's freedom." I sang the opening lines to Breakeven by the Script. Soon Maura parked her car, and I got out.

I followed her into a dress shop. I was confused at first, but she probably wanted me to get a dress for her wedding. The cashier asked Maura what she could help her with an Maura said she needed a dress for a wedding. The she turned to look at me, "will you be my maid of Honor?"

At first I though she just asked because a) we're at a dress shop 'cause I need a dress for her wedding and b) i'm her fiancé's daughter. Figuring my dad will get mad at me I I say no I nod my head and say yes. Maura told me her bridesmaid dresses were light grey and her color theme where wonder wonderland; grey, white, and light baby blue with some dark blue her and there.

After Maura had piled up several dresses onto my open arms I headed for the dressing room. The first one was ugly on me. It was form fitting until my waist then the rest was flowly. It made me look like smushed cup cake.

The second one was beautiful. It was dark blue and had cris crossing around my chest and hit me right about my knee. I thought I looked beautiful and went out to show Maura, "i'm getting this one." I declared.

"It looks wonderful on you." She said before looking back down at her phone." After I got out of the dress I did the sane. Holy shit, it's going onto six o'clock. After I paid for the dress we stopped at a little café. I got a caramel frappé and Maura got a French vanilla coffee.