Chapter 11

Annabeth's P.O.V

At exactly 7 am we meet up at Zeus fist, as we wait for Chiron to send us off. I see Percy hugging Thalia and telling her something that seems to make her cry. He says a few more things before she walks away and he comes towards us. At that moment Chiron wishes us luck and we set off into the maze. As soon as we step into it something seems wrong. The walls are always shifting and nothing ever seems the same. We walk for some time only with quietness hanging over us.

"So what did you tell Thalia?" I ask Percy trying to break the tension.

"Last night Artemis came to us and had asked her to join the hunt and be the new lieutenant." He says.

"What is she going to do?" I ask.

"I told her to take the job and be happy." He tells me. With that said he goes back to thinking. After long turns and strait hallways we reach a big roman style room that has 2 doors and a person standing in front of them. It is Janus the good of passages and a lot more. He smiles when he sees us which is never good whenever a god looks at you especially if he smiles it doesn't end well.

"Hello quest members. I have been expecting you, especially you Annabeth." He says looking right at me. Instantly I knew that something is wrong.

"What is it that you want from me?" I ask

"I am here to give you a choice. You can either go the door on my right or the door to my left. One door leads to a prison the other to the path of you journey. Which one will you choose?" He asks me. I stand there stunned for a few minutes until I look around to the rest of my group.

I see the Eric is trying to figure out which door by doing eni-mini-miny-mo while Percy has his head tilted back almost looking uninterested. I turn back to Janus about to tell him my answer when there is a bright flash of light and the Queen of Heavens appears. I instantly bow and so does Eric but Percy remains standing. Even though he is the Prince it's like he has no respect in front of them.

"Hello Percy, glad to see that you're okay. Your dad worries about you." Hera tells her.

"He has nothing to worry about. But we have another issue that needs solving." Percy tells her pointing towards Janus.

"I see what you mean. What are you doing here Janus. It isn't her time yet." Hers tells him and makes me confused. Janus grumbles something that I can't here but Percy snickers a bit and Hera's face turns red with anger. At first I thought that she will grab Percy but then turns towards Janus grabs him and disappears. The two doors remain standing where they are. Percy walks to the right door opens it and steps through. Having no other choice we follow him to wherever the door leads.

When we emerge on the other side we find that we are in a prison. I instantly want to walk back but the door has disappeared. Meanwhile Percy seems totally fine with it and casually pulls out one of his swords. He raises his arm and slashes down on the bars that keep us from getting out. In a few swings there is a square shaped whole in the bars. We step through and find that this place is gigantic. It seems that we are the only ones there since every other place looks deserted. That is when we notice the stairs to the top and the figure that was walking down the steps and I instantly know where we are. We were in Kampê's prison, if she ever finds us here we'll be stuck.

"Guys we need to get out of here now." I tell them.

"How come?" Eric asks.

"Kampê is about to catch us here so we need to get back into the maze." I tell them, without even a second thought we turn back around and quickly going back into the maze finding that the door has reappeared. We step through and this time we go through the other door and actually go deeper into the labyrinth. We soon take up a rest stop and set up camp. Since everyone looks tiered Percy takes first watch while the rest of us go to sleep.